Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Real Good Coke

I bought a Hank's Orange Cream soda from a Food Lion in Virginia, had cane sugar, real orange juice from concentrate, was very good, and was $1.50 for 12oz www.hanksbeverages.net

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Had some Mexican Coke and now I want more

Does anyone know about what year they stopped making Coca-Cola with real sugar in the US
    They stopped using cane sugar the year they brought out NEW coke.Then they brought out Coke Classic and it had corn syrup instead of cane sugar.(Classic indeed,what a lie!)
    I just recently moved down south and there are real mexican stoes here and yes they have Mexican Coke.It does taste fresher and cleaner than coke Classic,but it too is not the real coke.They musta did some other changes to either cheapen it or make it mix better with corn syrup.,,,,,,, AND YES I AM OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE DIFFERANCE.

They stopped using cane sugar the year they brought out NEW coke.Then they brought out Coke Classic and it had corn syrup instead of cane sugar.(Classic indeed,what a lie!)
    I just recently moved down south and there are real mexican stoes here and yes they have Mexican Coke.It does taste fresher and cleaner than coke Classic,but it too is not the real coke.They musta did some other changes to either cheapen it or make it mix better with corn syrup.,,,,,,, AND YES I AM OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE DIFFERANCE.

Things changed. Root beer now. Especially with Ice cream on top.

It is not politically correct to lable "sugar" as an ingredient in some brands. I noticed that Koshi, a manufacturer of cereals and granolla bars and other health foods avoids noting that sugar is a component of their processed foods....my wife even beleives this is a very healthy brand....they do not use cane sugar....they us "dehydrated cane juice crystals"!!!!!!
    Joe Watkins
    Advertisment link removed by mods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123