Thread: Booster Heater

Booster Heater

I have a Lochinvar booster heater for a commercial dishwasher. The pressure reducing valve needs replacement. It is a Watts Z2 set at 20 psi. Im looking at Watts valves. There is a Watts U5B-Z3 setting 10 - 30 psi. There is also A Watts N55B 25 - 75 psi. I dont know of any major differeces other than pressure range and price. Can I use the N55B?

I would have to say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigger b View Post
    I have a Lochinvar booster heater for a commercial dishwasher. The pressure reducing valve needs replacement. It is a Watts Z2 set at 20 psi. Im looking at Watts valves. There is a Watts U5B-Z3 setting 10 - 30 psi. There is also A Watts N55B 25 - 75 psi. I dont know of any major differeces other than pressure range and price. Can I use the N55B?

No, do not use the n55b, the pressure is too high. The lower pressure PRV is used to lower the water pressure to an acceptable range so that the rinse cycle works properly. W.P. set too high and the water contact time on the dish is too short, will not sanitize properly, if the health dept. checks this, and they do.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

The higher pressure will drop the rinse temp too quick, as the tank will be flooded with freshwater. This will drop the rinse temp dramatically. Health dept looks for this one.