Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls

Has anyone been dealing with Johnson Controls DX 9200 (using LON bus), NAE35? Would it be possible to get some information about Comm Pro and Metasys.

You could start here.
    http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...opframe.aspx&0

The DX9200 is junk.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

I need to have a connection between NAE and DX 9200 but I'm having some technical issues. Detecting DX automatically doesn't seem to work (in metasys environment). So, which should be the steps for getting connection. I have looked these materials on JCI's webpage but still I would appriciate some advice, some help to get started. Before I have used only N2 bus, programming with WGX and supervisioning with Supervison.

The LON bus on the DX-9200 never worked right. The VMA1200 sure but not the DX-9200.

But if I were to use FX series controller with LON chip, would that be a better solution? Metasys itself should support DX but the problem is getting connection. I'm not sure, but If I have understood right, Comm pro should be used to preconfigure DX so it could be connected with NAE. I'm using Echalon LonTalk card but I can't get connected with that ether. DX LON-port has 3 connections- A, B and SHD and from cable for Ethalon has 4 wires- blue/blue-white, orange/orange-white. Right connection should be blue/blue-white to A and B?

Have you got the connection between NAE and DX?
    Should I use Neuron ID or any other way to identify the controller?
    Which are right settings in Metasys for adding field device (if I'm trying to add it manually, I will have an error: "Inconsistant parameters")
    Do I have to configure DX before I try to connect it with NAE?
    Would it be easier with FX (I could test it with FX15)?

Is your LON card a PC-10 Type 2 PCMCIA Card? Have you had this card work correctly before?

I personally would not recommend using FX LON, major problems. Do you have to use LON, or can you do N2?

My LON card is PCC-10 and I have got it work before but using just WGX to upload LON points to DX (to get data from one DX to another). I have to use LON, before I used N2. It would help a lot if I could get connection between NAE and DX using LON.

Use the offline product literature link that is provided above and look up the NAE LON intergration and the DX9200 literature.
    UA Local 141

Getting he LON side of NAE to work can be very difficult. You should be able to auto discover the DX though. It does have to be preconfigured to be detectable. The connections on the LON bus are not polarity specific as on the N2 it doesn't matter how you hook them up. What version of NAE do you have? if it is new I would expect 4.0.

I'm using NAE35 with version 4.0 . How can I preconfigure DX? And what about NAE?

You have to use the wgx software to configure the DX. It is standard on the system tools from Johnson. Another issue is with the NAE. At 4.0 they had a problem with the Lon integrations. It has a tendancy to not work. They released a patch to fix the problem but if you don't have the newest version of NAE you probably don't have the patch. Do you have access to any Johnson software? If so what do you have, do you have an ADS/ADX?

DO you have LN Builder 3 software or some kind of LON maker type software?
    UA Local 141

I managed to solve the problem with LON. Another questuin raised- do you know where could I get fx15 firmware update (.a37 file)?