FX-40 memory leak?

I've got an FX-40 that had been running quite nicely since January (no goofy appliance, just a stripped down-to-normal JACE running 3.1.30), but very recently is suffering some lockups: I can intermittently make a platform connection to reboot, and sometimes a station connection to look around at what works and what doesn't, but rarely will both work.

A station connection always throws the little yellow box that the station is running low on disk space. I can't seem to confirm this, though - even with 118 histories, there always appears to be plenty of disk space available.

The biggest problem I find is the memory is all used up - the station's resource manager shows 128Mb of mem.total, with 128Mb of mem.used. The only clue I've been able to get from the system was a look at the TimeSync service, which showed all three time server connections faulted due to "java.net.SocketException: Too many open files"...curious.
    Interestingly, this would seem to jive with the station director's output (when I can make a platform connection) that throws several errors per second pertaining to some socket exception (but I neglected to write it down the last time I did a reboot, and can't seem to make a platform connection now that I really need that info...)

Probably due to the memory lockup, none of the spy diagnostics show up (all blank screens, regardless of what I'm looking at).

The only other clue I have to offer is that this started only when I loaded the e-mail service and setup e-mail alarming two weeks ago. The e-mail alarming works fine, until the JACE locks up...

So where should I look for clues as to why the memory is all used up?

check the configuration of the outgoing account regarding the email persistence. If memory serves me correctly there was a bug with setting the persistence property to true on a Jace that would cause it to use up a file descriptor every time it polled the email account.

You need the 3.1.31 version of the email jar to fix this, or simply disable the persistence.

Checkvalve, you are the man (unless, of course, you're not a man, then never mind...)!! Turning off the persistence was a very simple fix (other than the trip out to the site to cold-boot the locked up JACE)...getting the 3.1.31 mail jar looks to be more trouble than it's worth for this little problem, so it's all good! Thanks!