Food recipes for sharing

To HVAC techs out there who love to cook, care to share any nice recipes?

This is one of mine all time fav. The alio e olio:

Ingredients

250g of Spaghetti
    3 stalks red chilli, either cut in strips or in pieces, with chilli seeds to enhance flavor
    8 cloves garlic, flatten
    Olive oil
    Salt
    seasonings and herbs
    Water

Pour water to in a cooking pot, add 2 table spoon of salts, 1 tablespoon of olive oil in water. Bring to boil. Add in pasta. Cook to al dente, drain but do not rinse in cold water as it will wash away the salt.

In a flat pan, add olive oil until it cover the whole pan bed. Then throw in the garlic and chilli, cover. Cook in low flame for about 3 mins, add in the cooked spaghetti and stir fry it to prevent sticking to pan. Stir fry for about 1 mins, add in favourite seasonings, herbs, cheese and serve.

For those chilli lovers, try 5 stalks for more spiciness.

Enjoy with an ice cold beer.

Another of my all time fav beer stew with beer.

4 pounds of beef cubes,
    garlic, finely chopped
    large onion, finely chopped
    4 large potatoes, cubed,
    2 pounds baby carrot
    salt
    beef broth
    mix herb seasonings
    1 can of guinness

add olive oil in pan heated up, add in garlic, onion and beef cubes, stir fry until brown about 5-6mins. In a pot, add in beef broth, beef cubes, salt cover and cook for 10 mins, stir occasionally. Add in the potatoes, carrots and mix herb seasonings cover and simmer for about 20mins. Finally pour in the whole can of guinness, stir and cover for about 1 min.

Serve with rice or bread.

Another one of my fav recipe, beer battered fish 'n' chips

4 slice of cod fish fillets,
    parsley, finely chopped.
    Mixed herbs and seasonings.
    flour,
    salt,
    water,
    potatoes, wedged,
    2 eggs,
    one can of Guinness.

mix flour, eggs and salt in a mixing bowl, then slowly pour in the beer while whisking the mixture, thoroughly. On a chopping board, sprinkle some flour, parsley and seasonings on it. Next, take the fillets run through with cold water, then and roll on the seasonings on both sides of it, then dipped it into the mixture. Then slowly lower the batter fish into the deep fryer, at 375 F, for 6 ~ 7mins.

Set the fryer back to 375 F, throw in the wedges and fry for about 7 mins. Next remove the wedges and let cool for about 1 min, while setting the temp up to 390 F. Once oil is heated back up, fry the wedges again for about 2 mins.

Serve with tartar sauce or malted vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlaltdel View Post
    Another one of my fav recipe, beer battered fish 'n' chips

4 slice of cod fish fillets,
    parsley, finely chopped.
    Mixed herbs and seasonings.
    flour,
    salt,
    water,
    potatoes, wedged,
    2 eggs,
    one can of Guinness.

mix flour, eggs and salt in a mixing bowl, then slowly pour in the beer while whisking the mixture, thoroughly. On a chopping board, sprinkle some flour, parsley and seasonings on it. Next, take the fillets run through with cold water, then and roll on the seasonings on both sides of it, then dipped it into the mixture. Then slowly lower the batter fish into the deep fryer, at 375 F, for 6 ~ 7mins.

Set the fryer back to 375 F, throw in the wedges and fry for about 7 mins. Next remove the wedges and let cool for about 1 min, while setting the temp up to 390 F. Once oil is heated back up, fry the wedges again for about 2 mins.

Serve with tartar sauce or malted vinegar.
    This one sounds pretty good.

I have never been a big fan of that gritty dry corn bread they make down South.

So I invented my own brand of corn bread. This is the way I like corn bread.

New England Corn Bread.

1-16 oz. package of frozen kernel corn

2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.

2 eggs

1 cup of flour

1 cup of milk

1 med. Onion finely chopped

2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped

2 tablespoons of olive oil

In a bowl mix all of the ingredients. Spray a 9 x 9 baking pan with vegetable oil (Pam). Put mixture in the pan and bake at 350 deg. F. for one hour or until the top is a light brown. Let cool for ½ hour. Loosen the edges with a knife. Flip the pan over on a plate and the bread is ready to serve.

South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    ginger snap pork chops....

Flash fry seasoned pork chops......remove....add diced onion and celery....then add chicken stock.....then add crushed ginger snap cookies...then return chops......simmer 45 minutes......serve with rice.
    It's Time To Be Nice To People

Just got this today from a counter-man at Johnstone, He said next time you make a batch of Chili, get a apple pie from McDonalds, remove the apples and add the rest to the chili, can't wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckg222 View Post
    Just got this today from a counter-man at Johnstone, He said next time you make a batch of Chili, get a apple pie from McDonalds, remove the apples and add the rest to the chili, can't wait to try it!

Think about it. He is behind the counter at JOHNSTONE SUPPLY. (not exactly the Food Channel)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckg222 View Post

WHAT?
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. John Adams

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Classic Beef Stroganoff

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/cl...off/19463.html

Im cooking it this week.
    Last edited by ctrlaltdel; 11-25-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rango View Post
    WHAT?
    This is where an ice cold beer comes in handy.