Linking pages between ilons

Does anyone know of a way to link pages between ilons from within the Contribute frameset? It seems like once you are within a page with a frameset you can not go to a page on a different ilon without logging out. I've got four ilons in one DB and would like to be able to navigate back and fourth between ilons.

Thanks,

With the e3 version you can't navigate between different ilon's seamlessly. I think it has something to do with the WSDL file. I was told by Echelon that with the e4 you can - though I haven't tried it yet.
    Cheers,
    lb
    A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.

I was just checking that out. I think you could make a workaround for this... at least that's what I'm looking into.

Sysint,

That sucks I missed you yesterday, I hope Dan gave you an insight as to what we do and how we do it?

I have known a few of those guys down there for a long time now and really enjoy working with them once again...

I figured you would still be on the road?

Anyways, I'll catch ya next time

Has this thread been hijacked??

Sysint,
    Thanks for your help on my other issues, Things are working pretty good apart from navigating back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by 381engineer View Post
    Has this thread been hijacked??

Sysint,
    Thanks for your help on my other issues, Things are working pretty good apart from navigating back and forth.
    Temporarily

Did not feel it was worth starting another thread and "I" am a little open to the hijack thing, "if" it should not go way way off in another direction....

Anyways that thread is already running and were (CFC) going to be posting about that here soon

Glad Sysint got ya going again and who knows Wayne perhaps now that I am working down that way now again, perhaps I can swing by for a visit and lunch on you lol

Chris

Glad Sysint got ya going again and who knows Wayne perhaps now that I am working down that way now again, perhaps I can swing by for a visit and lunch on you lol
    I look forward to it.

New job, new product line?

OBTW
    Are you going to the AHR expo in Chicago?

I emailed Echelon with my question and the suggestion was to just open links in a new tab and as long as I didn't have over 10 tabs open things will work. It's not exactly seemless but it should do the trick for now.

I just finished a jobsite with 5 ilon smartservers. I used one as my main ilon for the customer to log on to and just linked to the different ilons using the pop up window.That worked out better for this customer because they like to look at several buildings at the same time.Each building has its own sidebar with just the units from that building. I was unable to get points from different ilons to show up on one ilon.

I think the only other way to do that is with the the ip-852 option which costs more and you have to bind all the points you would want to display to your main ilon. THe guy from echelon told me that the webbinder is only good when you only have to bind a couple items

I just finished a jobsite with 5 ilon smartservers. I used one as my main ilon for the customer to log on to and just linked to the different ilons using the pop up window.That worked out better for this customer because they like to look at several buildings at the same time.Each building has its own sidebar with just the units from that building. I was unable to get points from different ilons to show up on one ilon.

I think the only other way to do that is with the the ip-852 option which costs more and you have to bind all the points you would want to display to your main ilon. THe guy from echelon told me that the webbinder is only good when you only have to bind a couple items
    Today 06:30 PM
    I've got all e3's so no pop up for me, I played around and put an external link on one page but I had to right click and choose open new tab (PITA) to get the new page. Maybe I could get all four ilons to open up at one time in four different tabs Oh well, at least I did figure out web binding.