+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LCBS controllers into NAE

Post Likes

LCBS controllers into NAE

Tried searching for this on the board, but "NAE" is not a term liked by the board's search engine, so I'll get to the point:

Has anyone successfully integrated Honeywell LCBS controllers (both XL10's and XL15C's) into the LON trunk of an NAE? One of our engineers is beginning to think she may have over-promised an integration - while her lack of success to date has her thinking that the issue may be with the LCBS's slightly different "flavor" of LON (which was news to me...but I don't know much about LON anyway), I'm leaning more toward the NAE's...uhhhh....less than smooth integration of all things LON that aren't JCI-labeled.

While the xif's are easily obtained for the XL10's, the XL15C doesn't cough up such a file (I assume because it's a freely-programmable, but I may be wrong). I know that the NAE has very specific needs for certain resource files, but is there is any other trick to getting LCBS controllers into the NAE?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Tried searching for this on the board, but "NAE" is not a term liked by the board's search engine, so I'll get to the point:

Has anyone successfully integrated Honeywell LCBS controllers (both XL10's and XL15C's) into the LON trunk of an NAE? One of our engineers is beginning to think she may have over-promised an integration - while her lack of success to date has her thinking that the issue may be with the LCBS's slightly different "flavor" of LON (which was news to me...but I don't know much about LON anyway), I'm leaning more toward the NAE's...uhhhh....less than smooth integration of all things LON that aren't JCI-labeled.

While the xif's are easily obtained for the XL10's, the XL15C doesn't cough up such a file (I assume because it's a freely-programmable, but I may be wrong). I know that the NAE has very specific needs for certain resource nfiles, but is there is any other trick to getting LCBS controllers into the NAE?
    NAE's and XL10's boy I tell ya..... thats a match made in hell allright.
    Good luck.

Post Likes
    I have. The XL10's no problem. The xl15 ur out of luck as this is a custom programmed controller and not lonmark certified. Problem is you need to get the nae on the same domain. I believe lcbs uses domain id 11. Be careful how you do this as you u might break bindings between the xl15 building manager and the xl10 field controllers. Make sure you have the original lcbs database, just in case.

Post Likes
    the xl10's should be no problem the 15c's are another story. it is a chore to pull them into webs with the xl10 wizards.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    The 15C,, ugggg

What a PITA control

Post Likes
    I want to dump in a LVIS display or LGATE in place of that XL15. Then you can get bacnet IP display or gate and also a AST LON replacement for the 15. Anyway it should work good for migration.

Anybody put an LVIS on that yet?

Post Likes
    Sounds like a solid lead there, OutOfControlMan...we'd tried a couple different domain ID's (some of my previous Honeywell work used 2F), but not yet 11. Interestingly, the NAE gives you precisely one opportunity to enter the domain ID (when you first add the LON network), and then never displays the entered value again, nor allows an after-the-fact change...more of the NAE-LON pain, I guess.

Post Likes
    LCBS uses domain 2C.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfControlMan View Post
    I have. The XL10's no problem. The xl15 ur out of luck as this is a custom programmed controller and not lonmark certified. Problem is you need to get the nae on the same domain. I believe lcbs uses domain id 11. Be careful how you do this as you u might break bindings between the xl15 building manager and the xl10 field controllers. Make sure you have the original lcbs database, just in case.
    The 15C is a plant controller, the 15A is the building manager.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    XL-15
    Honeywells attempt at a logic controller and a front end and the box they loaded all their extra junk into so it would do everything. It fits no profile they panic and take down the whole com bus dude throw them away and use another controller that is lon certified and fits the proper profile for the application.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    The 15C,, ugggg

What a PITA control
    Come on Chris, the 15C was made for guys who don't hardly even mess with controls to program. Honeywell sure messed that one up didnt they?
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    the NAE gives you precisely one opportunity to enter the domain ID (when you first add the LON network), and then never displays the entered value again, nor allows an after-the-fact change...more of the NAE-LON pain, I guess.
    If you upload to sct I believe you can you can change it and re-download.

The NAE works real nice to lon devices not already on a lon network because you have to build the lon network. Once the lon network is already established it becomes a little more difficult to get it in to a supervisory. The is true to any supervisory controller including the FX-40.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Come on Chris, the 15C was made for guys who don't hardly even mess with controls to program. Honeywell sure messed that one up didnt they?
    uum,,, yep

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in