Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To leave you without heat for 8 days is unacceptable plain and simple.
    Noone at my office reviews any paper work, ordering parts is up to the tech.. he`s the one at the job and he`s the one in charge of what needs replacement.

It`s just an excuse I think cause doing a heat exchanger on a 1991 furnace is not cost effective
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan woman View Post
    Dan,
    Do you want all the intricate details of this? I can post more of the details if you want to know. I tried to summarize the gist of the story.

At first I was suspicious I was being conned, because several details of the story shifted over time, but after having someone else inspect the furnace, I concluded it's not a con, just a case where two or three slips caused a big mix-up.

Since they changed their mind on the price of the repair, you have the right to change your mind on getting the repair done. I suggest that you get a price on a new furnace from a few people before the repair is started.

Zachhvac

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    I can think of a few companies locally that are really bad , bad A/C companies are like bad auto mechanics and bad cops, they make us all look bad. And youre right we did only hear one part of the story , but we all know how it really works , we make more on a new furnace than we do on a hx.
    Needed another part my butttt

There are a few bad customers also,(not saying that is the case) but mistakes happen and it is how we correct them. As far as your post about more money for new furnace than heat exchanger you are only assuming that is what is being done. Without all the facts we shouldn't jump the gun, as professionals get all the facts before giving opinions. Why are you not a professional yet?
    Do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    There are a few bad customers also,(not saying that is the case) but mistakes happen and it is how we correct them. As far as your post about more money for new furnace than heat exchanger you are only assuming that is what is being done. Without all the facts we shouldn't jump the gun, as professionals get all the facts before giving opinions. Why are you not a professional yet?
    Well said,......................21

This isn't the Gripe About Your HVAC Contractor Talk.

Take it elsewhere.

Thread closed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12