Question Humidity on demand t-stat

My Bryant contractor is recommending the following system to replace a 22 year old system in our 1700 sq foot townhouse.

Bryant System: 2-Stage Variable Speed Furnace with 14 SEER A/C
    Furnace: 2-Stage, Variable Speed Evolution Gas Furnace (355BAV042060)
    Condenser: 14 SEER Legacy Air Conditioner (123ANA030)
    Indoor Coil: Bryant R-410A (Puron)
    Thermostat: Bryant Evolution Control
    Warranty: 10 Year Parts Warranty
    High Efficiency 4 Media Filter system

He is also recommending that we upgrade our thermostat to a humidity on demand one. Is it worth it or just a waste? We have an Aprilaire humidifier on our current system and our home does feel dry at times. Thanks!

He is probably reconmending you get the Evolution or Infinity controller for your new equipment due to the fact your equipment is a communicating equipment and to take full advantage of all the features the equipment offers you will need the controller. I have the Infinity equipment with the Infinity controller and its a very nice set-up. My installer told me right off the bat he would not install the Infinity furnace with out the Infinity controller because of the reason I just mentioned, and I am surprized he did not tell you something similar in regards of getting the controller from the start for your equipment. IMO for the couple of bucks it is going to cost you I would get the controller installed and then you can take full advantage of all the features your equipment has to offer, ask him to give you a discount price since you purchased a complete system.