Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    I know exactly what your trying to do and your trying to do it wrong!!!

2 weeks to get parts??? Are you frickin kidding me? If you work in refrigeration as you claim, then you know that a part ordered at 5PM can be on your doorstep by 10AM the next morning. 2 weeks.....I can snail mail parts and have them here in under a week. No wonder you don't get that much business, your customers can order parts on ebay and have them installed faster than you can even get them...

Point in fact, you need the duel fuel kit. And 2 weeks to get it is a little crazy if you ask me. Something isn't right here. I call bullsh!t.

However, if you are a pro, then you should know the resources at hand to hack together something in the time being. But I'm curious...is this a new install? Why isn't there a fuel kit already?
    Please excuse a dumb a.. for asking a question. I said that I had little experiance with heat pump right up front. I wasn't trying to do anything except straighten my mind up after I got myself confused trying to figure out something. I don't need to figure it out, I will have all the wiring instructions with the kit when it gets here. I can hook up the funace as I have now and the customer can have heat. I just wanted to find out the answer to the question so that I understood the system better.
    The customer ordered the system himself and asked me to install it for him. His supplier sent the setup the way it is. They sent it like it was a straight A/C, He has ordered the FF kit and HE chose to use standard mail. To get to where I live the mail goes through several POs each one it can take up to 3 days before it gets sent on to the next one if there is a lot of 1st class packages that get the priority. This is Christmas season and there are a lot of 1st class so this package is delayed.. (I was told this by the lady at the post office just yesterday when I asked how long it will take to get the package.)

Quote Originally Posted by jimq40 View Post
    Please excuse a dumb a.. for asking a question. I said that I had little experiance with heat pump right up front. I wasn't trying to do anything except straighten my mind up after I got myself confused trying to figure out something. I don't need to figure it out, I will have all the wiring instructions with the kit when it gets here. I can hook up the funace as I have now and the customer can have heat. I just wanted to find out the answer to the question so that I understood the system better.
    The customer ordered the system himself and asked me to install it for him. His supplier sent the setup the way it is. They sent it like it was a straight A/C, He has ordered the FF kit and HE chose to use standard mail. To get to where I live the mail goes through several POs each one it can take up to 3 days before it gets sent on to the next one if there is a lot of 1st class packages that get the priority. This is Christmas season and there are a lot of 1st class so this package is delayed.. (I was told this by the lady at the post office just yesterday when I asked how long it will take to get the package.)

dual fuel/fossil fuel kits are old school stuff barely used anymore!

nowadays any tech that knows what is going on will install a dual fuel t-stat

example honeywell dual fuel 8000 t-stat

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    dual fuel/fossil fuel kits are old school stuff barely used anymore!

nowadays any tech that knows what is going on will install a dual fuel t-stat

example honeywell dual fuel 8000 t-stat

But since my customer called a company in Florida and had everything delivered to his door and this thermostat is the one he got I was planning on using it. Here I am to wrapped up in fixing what he's got that I don't look at the obvious. Thanks... I'll just tell him to trade it out. White Rogers has a duel fuel thermostat also, the 1F85-277.. I think it would even be about $50.00 less expensive than adding the kit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12