Thread: Goodman question

Post Likes

Goodman question

Help- may be a stupid question. Goodman 16 seer, 2 ton, variable speed electric furnace with goodman cased coil, heat pump.

Here's the question- The coil paperwork says it has to be installed downstream (supply side) of the air handler but the air handler paperwork shows it on the return side of the air handler. I think I am short on air flow having the coil above the ahu on my downflow. HP switch tripping it off in heat.

Also, depending on whether you have an upflow or down flow will change which direction the air blows into the coil. Hard to describe, but the coil is shaped like an A. Do you want air across the coil to start at the point of the A and go down, or at the bottom of the A and blow towards the point?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wkr View Post
    Help- may be a stupid question. Goodman 16 seer, 2 ton, variable speed electric furnace with goodman cased coil, heat pump.

Here's the question- The coil paperwork says it has to be installed downstream (supply side) of the air handler but the air handler paperwork shows it on the return side of the air handler. I think I am short on air flow having the coil above the ahu on my downflow. HP switch tripping it off in heat.

Also, depending on whether you have an upflow or down flow will change which direction the air blows into the coil. Hard to describe, but the coil is shaped like an A. Do you want air across the coil to start at the point of the A and go down, or at the bottom of the A and blow towards the point?

but the coil is shaped like an A.

I am sorry we don't give DIY advise
    If you know what you were doing you wouldn't be asking a question like this
    Good luck with your system problem.
    Remember correct installation is key
    call a pro and have your equipment installed correctly!

Post Likes
    Don't assume that if someone asks a question that may sound basic that they don't know what they are doing. Everyone comes across something that they can't figure out for whatever reason only to find that it is the simplest thing they are missing.This problem has been bugging me and I was hoping to get an answer tonight instead of waiting to get to work tomorrow to ask the questions I have. I have checked all the complicated things and went back to square one to see if I might have missed something.

Post Likes
    If the air handler has electric heaters, the coil is before the air handler.

This is NOT a DIY site.

If your in teh trade, put some info in your bio, so we know, and also, get your post count up and apply for pro membership, its free, and invaluable.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wkr View Post
    Do you want air across the coil to start at the point of the A and go down, or at the bottom of the A and blow towards the point?
    Air flow should be entering at the bottom of the "A" and leaving from the point of the "A".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Air flow should be entering at the bottom of the "A" and leaving from the point of the "A".
    Thats not true for all coils, and set ups.
    Its just a myth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in