Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Tower

Freedom Tower

I read where they are going with self contained package units on each floor instead of a central chiller plant for the Freedom Tower building. McQuay is supplying the units that are to be built in the US.
    I always enjoyed arguing (still do) with the engineers about the old central plant versus individual unit quandry. There are so many good arguments there...
    A 1776' tower with no chiller plant, hope thats not a new trend. Though it has been done before.

Maybe somebody on here has some info on the project they would like to share?

I wonder where they're going to put all those cooling towers? Maybe they'll use water from the river for the condenser loop?

There is a building in Seattle where, believe it or not, the fire sprinklers and the heat pump hydronic loop are one and the same.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Brooklyn, NY Occupation: HVAC Service Contractor
    I'm working down there on the site. I'll have an answer for you on Monday.

Mammoth and Trane got aced out........2 to 3 per floor 90 stories that a lot of Mcquays and scrolls.they will use Hudson River thru heat exchangers below ground level to cool the condensers with a sealed system vfd pumps,and all that stuff.they want to dedicated the running of the floors to each unit for tenent billing..they(local #94) run the condensers and the customer pays for the cooling and it will be BAS controlled to fine tune it.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by roc service View Post
    I visited Ground Zero last year. I'm very interested in how the project is going. Please let us know and post pics, if possible.
    Thanks.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

This project drew me in from the start and the Freedom Tower is not your run of the mill office tower (not that anyone said it was). I still remember visiting my sister when she lived up that way and going to the Empire State building. We rode the elevator as high as we could and found it didn't go to the top (can't remember why) so we walked the rest of the way. The WTC was an awesome sight as was the rest of the view from up there.
    I still remember exactly what, where, and who I was talking to the minute I heard the news. Hope to make it up that way again soon and see the new complex.
    It's strange to remember something thats not there anymore, let alone not see it.
    Mike

Hmm hi

so they are using the "hudson river" as part as condensor loop

Quote Originally Posted by roc service View Post
    hey roc, are you able to say what kind of work is going on over there now?

i may be wrong but didnt 7 world go the same route with mcquay? i havent been in there in almost a year, we have someone from my company every wednesday with the engineers when they do maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    There is a building in Seattle where, believe it or not, the fire sprinklers and the heat pump hydronic loop are one and the same.
    I remember seeing this type of a design on a set of plans I was estimating about 20 years ago.

Told a few people about it and they convinced me that I had been dreaming.
    Edited by powerhead on more than one occasion

I am sure they will be McQuay SWP units. They will have to have heat x-changers. They don't work worth a flip with open loop due to the condenser design.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Hmm hello

anymore waterloop designs????nice designs wow

Do they use central plants on ANY large buildings these days?

If so, please give me an example.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast