Luxaire error code 4 flashes

I am a professional re-work residential contractor/handyman that is trying to help out a customer. One paragraph is all i am asking for, not step by step help. The control panel is flashing 4 times and then a pause. The manual says this about the error message:

"4 RED FLASHES: This indicates that a primary or auxiliary limit switch has opened its normally closed contacts. The control will operate the supply air blower and inducer. This condition may be caused by: dirty filter, improperly sized duct system, incorrect blower speed setting, incorrect firing rate or faulty blower motor. Also, this fault code could be caused by a blown fuse located on the control board."

I checked the fuse and its good. I checked the Primary AND auxiliary contacts with no power to the furnace and my Ideal tester shows continuity. I assume the contact breaks when the system starts? Blower seems good as the forced air is as it should. Should I check these limits switches with power on and heat called?

Best regards Rick

Quote Originally Posted by musicis View Post
    I am a professional re-work residential contractor/handyman that is trying to help out a customer. One paragraph is all i am asking for, not step by step help. The control panel is flashing 4 times and then a pause. The manual says this about the error message:

"4 RED FLASHES: This indicates that a primary or auxiliary limit switch has opened its normally closed contacts. The control will operate the supply air blower and inducer. This condition may be caused by: dirty filter, improperly sized duct system, incorrect blower speed setting, incorrect firing rate or faulty blower motor. Also, this fault code could be caused by a blown fuse located on the control board."

I checked the fuse and its good. I checked the Primary AND auxiliary contacts with no power to the furnace and my Ideal tester shows continuity. I assume the contact breaks when the system starts? Blower seems good as the forced air is as it should. Should I check these limits switches with power on and heat called?

Best regards Rick
    Your not going to like what im going to say but this is still considered DIY.If you did HVAC for a living that would be different....

Also if you did HVAC you would not be asking how to check switches in a furnace all i can say is your missing something...

sorry we cant help. call the HVAC guys...
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Look.....this site does not say for "HVAC pros only". I am a contractor but not in this field. I want to learn and will do what i need to do to learn. Meaning buy tools and work at it.I do electrical, carpentry, drywal/plaster, tile, plumbing. Why not this?? I only ask for a few words. Sorry.

If you read the rules we are not alowed to help even if we wanted to. There is alot more to this than your other trades.
    Its a good Life!

i understand where your coming from. i really enjoy teaching people what i know. however i cannot do it here.
    if you get your post count up and apply for pro membership we can possibly help you out in the future.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

I misunderstood the rules. I am a pro contractor and read into the rules that curious contractors are welcome. Please delete my account. I wish this forum would help a guy like me. I guess i should go to HVAC classes.

Regards Rick

I misunderstood the rules. I am a pro contractor and read into the rules that curious contractors are welcome. Please delete my account. I wish this forum would help a guy like me. I guess i should go to HVAC classes.

Regards Rick
    Since this is an open forum.
    To give you the info you asked for. Would also being giving/telling DIYers what to do.

So weather your a generall contractor, or an HVAC contractor, technical questions can't be answered in the open forums.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Please delete my account.
    just don't log-in anymore