Missouri bellwether or no bellwether?

Like my new Avatar? It's the Missouri flag.

We are not giving in/up rolling over/under without a fight!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Missouri,_2008

The following is a summary of the 2008 United States presidential election in Missouri, the last state in the country still to be decided. Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan announced on Thursday November 6 that a record 2.9 million Missourians, or 69% of eligible voters, cast their ballots in Tuesday’s general election, about 200,000 more than the previous record in the 2004 election.[2]

On Monday November 10, Republican candidate Senator John McCain led president-elect Barack Obama by 4968 votes[1], approximately 0.1% of the total popular vote in Missouri. If McCain's lead holds, it will be only the second time since 1904 that Missouri has failed to be a bellwether state. Lincoln County, Missouri, the only bellwether county in a bellwether state[3], favored McCain by 2690 votes.[1]
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yes, we are, but McCain won in Mo.

St. Louis is a fair weather city when it comes to sports.

MO. is one of those states that if it looks good we go for it, but once it starts to stink, we'll kick you to the curb.

Btw, like your avatar. Do you like mine? It's Stephen Colbert wearing blacked out goggles and sound proof headphones when he heard Obama won.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

6 counties are all that Barry had a majority in. Sad that it was as close as it was. Sad too that we live in a state with that many people who blindly voted
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

The new avatar looks good. as far as Missouri being a bell weather predictor, keep in mind statisics are only good for conversation, hardly anything to bet the farm on though

Well, it is finally OFFICIAL!

McCain did win Missouri!

(finally our Democrat Secretary of State couldn't find any more Democrat votes to qualify!)

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Well, it is finally OFFICIAL!

McCain did win Missouri!

(finally our Democrat Secretary of State couldn't find any more Democrat votes to qualify!)

were you surprised

Actually, just a bit. It was beginning to look like the powers that be were going to find a way not to officially put Missouri in the McCain camp. So they could protect the 'bellwether' status or some such I would imagine.

Just curious, why would you want Missouri to be in the losers bracket?

That may be the way YOU look at it.

seems to me the republicans got their rear end handed to them more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    seems to me the republicans got their rear end handed to them more than once.
    In a couple of years Obama will be handing you your rear end.

Bend over. It's your patriotic duty.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.