Thread: reversing valve

Question reversing valve

my dads goodman hp reversing was repaired by service tech after the cap tubing from comp discharge line to reversing valve pilot/solenoid valve had a leak. he brazed closed where it was, then brazed a new line from pilot to the high pressure liquid line for control of the rev. vlv. was this a bad idea using liquid instead of gas for control? now when it gets below 35 hp according to dad "quits working". as if reversing valve is not switching, I think when it goes from defrost mode back in to heat mode. Im thinking the liquid is not relieving/exhausting in rev vlv to switch it. am I crazy? the valve is designed to use gas as control. please reply, my dad is very very depressed. thanks:

Yep. That will mess up the RV's operation.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

can't understand why would someone change the way the reversing valve was piped?

if you took a cars fuel injection and hooked it up to the exhaust pipes would that be a bad move

That reversing valve will never work correctly

You need to :

Called back the Co and have them do it right , and explain "why" its need to be done . Its beyond me why we got .... (fill in the blank)
    Its an mistake of "not knowing better" in this case : hopefully
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

thanks everyone for your replies, thats the information I needed.

you called the wrong person for that job

the right thing to do would have been to replace the rev valve. the leak was on the valves inlet pipe. is that a nightmare job for a tech to do? I took an hvac course and practiced at home brazing with the stick silver solder and I had to practically burn the copper to a crisp before it would melt ( I did N2 purge). brazing is an art to itself.