Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Quote Originally Posted by michigan1 View Post
    hey weber,
    i got offered a job in vancouver and planing on moving there from michigan next week. canada will be interesting but would like to stay in the states, maybe portland or seattle. wadaya say?
    The Beagle says good luck and remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDZUWRU9sUI

Thumbs up dude!

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

Bonus, What's A Bonus?

At the company I used to work for, one tech landed the company a 250K per year maintenance contract. They gave him $20.00 as a "spiff."

Another guy got a customer to commit to replacing ten old rooftop units. Same thing- $20.00.

I guess technically it is a bonus; but it had the effect of rendering the whole
    service corps into a "service only" mode. There was much less interest in sales or obtaining sales leads.

Greed sort of backfired.
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonianite View Post
    At the company I used to work for, one tech landed the company a 250K per year maintenance contract. They gave him $20.00 as a "spiff."

Another guy got a customer to commit to replacing ten old rooftop units. Same thing- $20.00.

I guess technically it is a bonus; but it had the effect of rendering the whole
    service corps into a "service only" mode. There was much less interest in sales or obtaining sales leads.

Greed sort of backfired.
    man that made me laugh, what a joke and disgusting company. i once made a company a bunch of money by getting a bunch of swamp coolers approved for replacement wich gave the construction dept work, in return i was given 100.00 wich i used to buy a nice wrench and socket set.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

We get 5% of the job price for a replacement job. Not new construction or ancillary work, but on a heat pump or air handler,or a complete system. Not a huge sum of money, but nice none the less!
    Bubz
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

we get 2% here

$20 spiffs on thermostat upgrades
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    $20 spiffs on thermostat upgrades
    I wish. I sell the th5220 focuspro 5000 like a sucker to a baby! I love those stats!
    Notta in "spiffs spuiffs or spoofs!!

Bubz
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678