+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking for a Career???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    who are you and where did you come from???

Are you a salesman? I will not be giving out pointers on here. You can email me and I can help ya out.
    email sent.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    The company that Weber works for is a damn fine company.....if I didn't have the ties that job would have been taken....

I just took a job in my area for a similar style company as Weber's......

I will be a selling technician....if I am good at it.....6 figures is not out of the question....
    Went the way of One Hour? You better find those cracks and if there aren't any you still better close on that rust you find. It's too bad too, the world needs more good service people and less scummy sales guys.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by im4snow2000 View Post
    Iraqvet (and others)....

Of the very good, and very bad HVAC salesman you've encountered....what have their key attributes been (ie, what makes someone very good, or not)???
    Charisma and the ability to carefully choose your words.

Post Likes
    I have a clean record. No felony...no pending. Valid NCDL.....last ticket in 04. Don't do drugs....never have, never will. Good work ethic. Don't take no sh!t from no one. Can be an a$$hole at times. Keep a clean truck. Personal hygene within regs. Slight Anger management issues (Web understands). Have my own hand tools and meters, including a recently won Fieldpiece HG1!!, HVAC and refer experience, general knowledge, common sense, military training...

Damn....wouldn't yall just kill to have someone like me walk through the door looking for a job???
    1. Thanks for serving! (that goes for all who have served)
    2. Yeah yeah... a lot of us ex military types are like that, (Luckily I dont have anger management issues but then I served in the Submarine service and not in the Marines or Army. I could understand those issues).
    3. I would hope the employers would kill for people like us. They dont seem to like they use to. Even though out this way there are tons of undesirables ie. drugs, alcohol, surf, etc...
    4. I would kill for a great job with a great company which recognized their workers. All we hear is complaints and never "Great job". Well... not even "good job".
    And no.... I am not perfect... however... I know I can do better than a lot of techs with 10 - 15 yrs exp and I only have 5.5 yrs.

Bubz
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    By the way..... how do you break into more controls work?
    I do about 95 percent residential. Electronics background and stuck with a most of the commercial we do do (really its not that much). I love controls and would seriously entertain a traveling field service position!!! Seriously!!!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    By the way..... how do you break into more controls work?
    I do about 95 percent residential. Electronics background and stuck with a most of the commercial we do do (really its not that much). I love controls and would seriously entertain a traveling field service position!!! Seriously!!!
    your asking the wrong guy there. I got out of residential of commercial refrigeration. Which, in a small way, is kind of like industrial. I work on chillers, just not ones that supply 100 story skyscrapers...

I love it in refrigeration. The working conditions are nastier but the rewards are much higher. Made an emergency call friday before Mothers Day to a nice restaraunt.....beer cooler down. Got it back up and running in about 12 hours. I haven't paid for food there since
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

weber is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    Its simple good companies are always hiring, we are a fantastic company and if someone is in the area and is interested in a postition, all it takes is an email to start talking not a useless post like above....

We are not a union company and could care less about what your union number is......

Wages vary for every person, I would not advertise a range that someone might not be achieve.
    Last edited by weber; 11-15-2008 at 09:52 AM.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Post Likes
    Chet1508,

Your post has been deleted. You do have a private message, please review the rules and take what I said to heart. Further posts of that type will not be tolerated and may result in your loss of posting privileges.

Please review the rules again, there is a link in my signature line, pay close attention to rules # 1 & 5

Thanks for your continued cooperation.

Bob

Post Likes
    Go get em Bob....

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Go get em Bob....
    LOL..............I did, what he posted was so way over the top if benny the banner had seen it.........oh well, he got off easy with me, the kindler gentler mod!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    LOL..............I did, what he posted was so way over the top if benny the banner had seen it.........oh well, he got off easy with me, the kindler gentler mod!
    My apologies to benny the............errrrr jrbenny!

Post Likes

What is your TESP?

Post Likes

I saw his post.

Appearantly he was underqualified for the job and so got a little tempremental

Post Likes
    Hey, I can get this abuse at home. I don't need it here, too.

Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Hey, I can get this abuse at home. I don't need it here, too.

LOL........then do what I do..............hang at the office all day long!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servtech2 View Post
    Isnt a bonus easier to write off? The job was priced out for 5 months of work but was finished in 3, not only that but with a plan change that I brought up to him, he ended up saving 20k about. I figured a bonus because some friends that i know would get bonuses when finishing a job earlier then expected.. He was also a supervisor/manager but was his responsibility to also give the guys in his crew a piece of his bonus.

Not only that, before the job was started he had gone through everything with me saying it was priced out for 5 months and so on, in which he also mentioned that if maybe possible to get it done in a shorter time that he would take care of me. That was the main reason behind expecting a bonus.
    That's like road constuction companies, they get a contract for rebuilding a decent sized stretch of road, finish ahead of time, they get a bonus...win win for everyone IMO...

Post Likes
    Ha Ha Chet1508 wanders out of the controls threads and gets sanctioned.

It figures...

Webby got a cushy "mobile office" job for a lovable curmudgeon like me.

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoring Beagle View Post
    Ha Ha Chet1508 wanders out of the controls threads and gets sanctioned.

It figures...

Webby got a cushy "mobile office" job for a lovable curmudgeon like me.
    Not for you, you might end up taking mine

I'd find a place for ya!

What is your TESP?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

well back in 2003 i took a job with a small company in royal oak mi and i have to say it was the best company i ever worked for you may know of it commercial climate control. i was hired to run gas line install around 11 unit heaters and four furnaces ductwork, stats and vent pipe a lot of material and i finished early i did not expect a thing i was just happy to be working for a boss that was very down to earth, the guy gave me a raise and at christmas time i even got a hand rapped gift from his wife how awesom was that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    Seems like finding the right employees gets harder every year.....
    Spent $1000.00+ advertising and interviewed 12 people who said " I can run service". I handed each a piece of paper and said draw me the basic refrigeration cycle and a ladder diaghram of a reidental unit. One guy got the cycle but not the wireing. Some said they had ran service for 15 years. Glad they were not working on my stuff. I know there are some good guys out there, I see some smart guys on this site but I wonder what % of A/C techs really know whats going on. I know its a shame in my area. Lack of tech schools.
    I dont understand why the new guys coming up dont want the opertunity to learn chillers. I paid some serious dues just to get my "shot" at the big metel.
    "Dying aint much, its living thats hard." (Josey Whales)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in