Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    JCI meaning johnson controls?

They are closing most of there places in my area, I would be surprised if they are hiring that they are not transfering employees...
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    I'm right here Webster......

What ya gonna do about it???
    Thats one hell of a drive to work.......

What is your TESP?

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    Thats one hell of a drive to work.......
    true.

Unless I move back home Then I am much closer.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

I'm sure I could find a place for you....

What is your TESP?

I offered Bender a job making 6 digits........

ex wife and shared custody prevented him from accepting......

What is your TESP?

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    I'm sure I could find a place for you....
    what all do you do????

I aint a fan of resi work. I'm a refer head now!!!!

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoch3T View Post
    I got the same problem here man. They say they can do it, but then can't. If they do learn it they think you should pay them 100k/year

See, I am on the same page with some of these issues that owners bring up. I mean it's BS when you get employees who don't deliver on what they said they could. However, I can give you the other side of the coin. At my job I do what I said I could and at the wage that was agreed to. Now, when I took the position I was told there was a health plan that I could get into where I pay a % of the costs. I thought fine sounds good.

Well, that part of the agreement never materialized. Later I end up having to get an operation and now I'm left with 10k in medical bills. On top of that all OT is cut even though we easily have enough service calls to do 50+ hour weeks. Now the company wants techs to work long days early in the week and then take off the last day of the week to keep it at 40 hours.

I understand owners have financial issues and cash flow to manage. However not delivering on their end of the hiring agreement and telling your techs, without saying the words, to work long days unless it's OT is a bit much.

I mean on this website maybe it is the case the owners are squared away and do the right thing. To many of the workers out here it's hard to find good companies just as much as it is hard for owners to find the people.

I interviewed 2 today...

#1) Good 1 hour interview and was almost ready to hire, 3 DUI's within 3 months in 1994, decided to tell me in last 2 minutes of interview...no hire

#2) Cut to the chase after the first one...pending felony cases x 2...

Good help is hard to find...when I get'm they can only leave one way...horizontal in a box

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    I interviewed 2 today...

#1) Good 1 hour interview and was almost ready to hire, 3 DUI's within 3 months in 1994, decided to tell me in last 2 minutes of interview...no hire

Good help is hard to find...when I get'm they can only leave one way...horizontal in a box
    I have the same problems, we are very upfront, drug testing, background check, drivers license, ect ect....

It amazing how many guys will say I have a clean record, after I pay all the fees to run them, I find out the truth......

At that point even if it was something stupid that my insurance would cover, I wouldnt consider them anymore for not being upfront!

What is your TESP?

Hi all. I am a 29 year old living in VT. I am very interested in getting into the HVAC field. I was hoping to get into the refrigeration side of things. Several months ago I called about every contractor/business I know of around here for help or info on getting started. Some were helpful others were not. The only info I gained was more #'s to call lol. I know that I will have to go to school and am willing to relocate for the right school and/or apprenticeship. I currently am a sub contractor for Hughes Net but between the material cost, high tax bracket and the workload with no benefits I do not want this to be my long term career. Would any of you be able to help me in furthering my knowledge of gaining this trade skill as a career?

Any certian area you would like to move to?

What is your TESP?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav1375 View Post
    Hi all. I am a 29 year old living in VT. I am very interested in getting into the HVAC field. I was hoping to get into the refrigeration side of things. Several months ago I called about every contractor/business I know of around here for help or info on getting started. Some were helpful others were not. The only info I gained was more #'s to call lol. I know that I will have to go to school and am willing to relocate for the right school and/or apprenticeship. I currently am a sub contractor for Hughes Net but between the material cost, high tax bracket and the workload with no benefits I do not want this to be my long term career. Would any of you be able to help me in furthering my knowledge of gaining this trade skill as a career?
    sure. Start a new thread. I work with a guy that came from VT. I will find out the name of the school he went to. Its a trade school.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    I interviewed 2 today...

I have a clean record. No felony...no pending. Valid NCDL.....last ticket in 04. Don't do drugs....never have, never will. Good work ethic. Don't take no sh!t from no one. Can be an a$$hole at times. Keep a clean truck. Personal hygene within regs. Slight Anger management issues (Web understands). Have my own hand tools and meters, including a recently won Fieldpiece HG1!!, HVAC and refer experience, general knowledge, common sense, military training...

Damn....wouldn't yall just kill to have someone like me walk through the door looking for a job???

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast