Results 1 to 5 of 5

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    184

    Blodgett oven pressure switch

    One of my customers has a Blodgett oven that would not fire. I found the pressure differential switch was not made. I've worked on other Blodgetts, but have not seen one with a pressure switch. The rubber tubes going to the ports behind the oven were cracked and came off. I cut the tubes back a bit and pushed them onto the ports and secured them with zip ties. The customer calls 2 days later and said they cracked and came off again. What could be causing this? The convection fan works and pushes plenty of air.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    338
    try replacing the whole tube.
    i've seen pnuematic panels for hvac controls doing the same thing you cut them back and they crack again.haven't had a problem since replacing all the tubes in the panel.i guess the rubber gets brittle over time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    184
    Yeah I'll try doing that. I was surprised at how quickly it cracked though. I cut it back a couple of inches so the tube slipping over the barb type fitting was in pretty good condition, pliable and not brittle at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by fireye03 View Post
    try replacing the whole tube.
    i've seen pnuematic panels for hvac controls doing the same thing you cut them back and they crack again.haven't had a problem since replacing all the tubes in the panel.i guess the rubber gets brittle over time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    128

    Thumbs up leaking switch

    might have a hole in diaphragm in pressure switch allowing hot air to feed through constantly thereby overheating... ive never seen a pressure switch on an oven before myself... just a thought maybe could help you
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    184
    I cut the rubber tubes back some more, about 12" and connected to 1/4" aluminum tubing and compression fittings to the ports. The repair has held up, I guess the rubber tubes were in worse condition than I thought. There is little or no heat going to the ports.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event