Thread: Frymaster

Frymaster

I have an older frymaster M53S5D . I turn it on when its cold it runs for about 15 minutes then shuts down. And sometimes the pilot will go out and it takes quite a few trys before the pilot will relight . The burners just turns on for short periods of time Any ideas ? Thanks Bill

Most frymaster fryers have a melt cycle. So the burner will cycle on and off usually for short periods of time (10 seconds I think) until the shortening reaches 180 degrees. Then it will go full on until it reaches setpoint. If it is old the melt cycle may have different characteristics but I bet that is whats happening. The melt cycle prevents the shortening in the lower cold zone area from overheating while the upper portion is still almost solid.
    We do it nice cause we do it twice!

millivolt control??? could be at auto reset high limit opening causing pilot to go out...then the grease cools enough for the limit to close completing the pilot millivolt circut to the combo valve??

If it was the high limit switch , When goes out could I jump the limit switch to see if it would go back on?

sure just jump the N.C. contacts on the limit or ohm out the limit when your issue rears its head again

Talking be careful

make sure you dont leave hi limit jumped out,, sounds like a weak hi limit to me check temps of oil to make sure.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...