Quadra Fire ash problems

Hi,
    I am a former HVAC contractor and am having problems with a Quadra Fire pellet stove which I know little about.
    The stove worked fine the first 3 years I had it, now it has excessive ash buildup in the firepot. Previously I cleaned the firepot every couple of days, now it is filling up in a couple of hours. I tried a different brand of pellets, thinking maybe the first brand was damp, but no real improvement. My only guess at this point is that the fire is not burning hot enough to break down the pellets like before. I have cleaned the box that goes to the impeller on the exhaust fan, fire pot and pan. Is there another area that I should be cleaning? The fire appears to be burning fine, but the air seems to be a little cool in my opinion, not sure what the temp rise across the heat exchanger should be.
    Thanks for any help you might be able to provide. I hate to rip this out and put in a wood stove if I don't have to.
    Dennis

Sounds like a fuel to air ratio problem to me. If you don’t know much about the furnace you should call someone who does. I’m not trying to degrade you or your ability but things can go from bad to worse real quick. it does take skill to work on those systems

Exclamation

Check to make sure ALL the air holes in the pot are clear. The way that stove works is air is drawn in through those holes at an angle to create a helix that whips up the spent ash and blows it out of the pot. If you are not getting adequate ash removal, it is probably from clogged holes. Don't forget the four holes across the bottom ramp at the guillotine gate and the heater slot.
    HTH

looks like it is working now.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Check to make sure ALL the air holes in the pot are clear. The way that stove works is air is drawn in through those holes at an angle to create a helix that whips up the spent ash and blows it out of the pot. If you are not getting adequate ash removal, it is probably from clogged holes. Don't forget the four holes across the bottom ramp at the guillotine gate and the heater slot.
    HTH
    Thanks HTH. That helped some, it looks like the other issue is that the bottom plate, the one under the firepot and over the ash pan, is warped and not sealing properly. When I straightened this out, the velocity of the air increased and now the fire is burning hotter. I am guessing some burning pellets in the ash pan may have warped it some.
    Dennis

did you clean behind the baffles inside the firebox? its in the manual.

quad had some firepot bottoms milled wrong. your dealer should have contacted you to get it replaced to keep from having that problem. Get ahold of them and they should take care of you, but knowing how they operate now, they may want to charge you. make them fix it n/c