Distech gfx

Thread: Distech gfx

Distech gfx

Has anyone heard of or experienced any issues with the gfx programming not functioning as expected?
    I recently spoke to a contractor that stated that is what they are experiencing, but I'm wondering if it may not just be the programmer. I have not seen this myself.

Here are a few I know about from another forum...

(0) GFX - Sync - download will fail on AX. This happened with stock distech install
    (3.3.22.6) When will this be fixed? Distech can reproduce correct?

(1) GFX - Network fail timeout on powerup doesn't match configured value, it is 3-5x on
    powerup. By design? Explain? Initial response from Serge was that timeout doesn't
    start until there is comm on the bus? If there is no comm on the bus it still need a
    predictable timeeout. (Ex: Wire cut, jace down, and so on.)

(2) GFX - To launch plugins from web browser you must have Web Workbench in 3.3.22
    (tested) When will this be fixed?. We need the functionality very soon without Web
    Workbench license if possible.

(3) GFX - Analog Stages in Custom Block and Stages = 3, creates file corrpution
    problem. Errr. Not a big deal now, we won't do this again. Having a line number in the
    error so if ths happens with another object we can hand edit it out of project instead of
    starting over would be great.

(4) GFX - 2 Hardware Outputs Set to same hardware output SHOULD NOT compile. (off/on
    command bad) Developers should not argue this one with you. Nothing "good" can come
    of allowing this to compile.

(5) GFX - nvoHwOutputs do not reflect hardware state (on/off when in hw override) Not
    a big deal but it would be nice if this worked.

(6) GFX - Defaults for new points and points type are VERY poor (non-functional).

(7) GFX - What are the unidentified nvis maxRcvTime1_0, 1_1, UpdateRate_0, _1, _2

Other Info

If its not common knowledge yet, if you have problems with the plugins, delete all files in this folder... C:\lonworks\Apps\Distech\BcsCommonFiles\Templates.

Triac wiring diagram is a misprint, transformer should be shown on common side.

On powerup things work as expected, don't have any of the spyder powerup problems.

To get hw HOA status to work you have to load latest rev of firmware on 4xx and 4xx series.

You can't edit PID config (TR, I, and so on) from Lon CP. Only place you can do it is in the plugin. This kind of sucks. (If we want one of our tech support guys with ability to tune a pid, they have to be able to get into programming tool and know how to use it more or less).

One of the reset blocks has some resolution issues, where if you try to reset +2 to -2 to a large output span, the output will not change as expected.

The list appears to be growing, I have just recently started working with this and there is most certainly a few things that will bite you in the azzzz......

All in all, I like the GFX programming, very simple and functional

"If" there are other issues out there I sure would like to know about them

I just started using it and have had no major issues on LNS platforms. Though I wish that when you add a group of objects to the code library that the network variable configurations would be included.
    lb
    A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.

Quote Originally Posted by lonboy View Post
    I just started using it and have had no major issues on LNS platforms. Though I wish that when you add a group of objects to the code library that the network variable configurations would be included.
    lb
    Me and you both brother

Has anybody heard about any issues with bindings with the gfx.I am on 3.3.22 ax and my vcp vavs go nuts after i bind in and out of comm fail if i leave them unbound they seem to work alot better but unpredictable.
    Any advice is good.

Thanks Motorsport