Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 91

Thread: Gun control

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in my lumpy chair
    Posts
    1,949

    Gun control

    If gun control ever happens who will dare to gather them up? I would have to say the UN will be called in.
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vero Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,675
    They wont have to round up the guns. They'll just round up the people who do not willingly give them up and put them in the FEMA run concentration camps that are across the US.

    Think about it people.

    You cant just sit around and think that they will come for your guns. That would be a bit more difficult to do than just round us up and contain us away from our guns.

    Jeepers. If you havent already, please join the NRA.
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,863
    A friend that works with The Department Of Justice, told me that the President Elect, has already explored the possibility of having our State Police departments, go door to door to look for unregistered firearms. Not saying it's going to happen but, it's being looked at. If "they" want to, "they" can implement a tremendous tax on ammo making it so cost prohibitive, you won't be able to really afford to buy it. Same thing with reloading supplies. (I can't verify the accuracy of the first sentence but, I do believe it.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I am unsure myself
    Posts
    1,116
    I am canadian and we have always had fairly strict gun laws ie no concealed weapons allowed period. Flat out cant carry. Pretty much hunting rifles only allowed unless you get a whole slew of things the average joe wont get. Google Canadian Gun Registry it was an attempt to get all citizens to register their guns and was sold to Canadians to reduce crime and guns in criminal activity etc. Spent a billion dollars on the thing and guess what didn't work cause the criminals didn't come in and register all their handguns and such imagine that. F"ing joke and a waste of money.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vero Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    A friend that works with The Department Of Justice, told me that the President Elect, has already explored the possibility of having our State Police departments, go door to door to look for unregistered firearms. Not saying it's going to happen but, it's being looked at. If "they" want to, "they" can implement a tremendous tax on ammo making it so cost prohibitive, you won't be able to really afford to buy it. Same thing with reloading supplies. (I can't verify the accuracy of the first sentence but, I do believe it.)
    This is why Ive started to pick up a few boxes of bullets and a case of shells every week when I go to Wally world for groceries.

    I predict as hvacpope has said here on the forum that more than likely we'll see a ban on the AK's and such first.

    We'll then see the tax go up on ammo. Heck The case of shells I paid $30 for last year at Wally World are now $52. Quite a hike already.

    I would bet if the local police came around it wouldnt be to collect the unregged guns but rather would be to register them. How would they know what guns you even have? Like our Canadian friend above said, the crooks arent gonna come forward and reg their guns and neither are honest persons.

    I bet there are far too many unregged guns in the USA that would make this a daunting task.

    First, they would have to outlaw ALL guns and then round up the folks who decided not to give them up.

    I guess we'll see. FWIW, our local police chief teaches the CCW class and has publically stated that he wishes everyone in the county who was able to carry would.

    There has to be a few cops who wouldnt want to go door to door to round up guns and would understand this to be wrong.
    Last edited by Richard Kletty; 11-08-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,863
    Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    I am canadian and we have always had fairly strict gun laws ie no concealed weapons allowed period. Flat out cant carry. Pretty much hunting rifles only allowed unless you get a whole slew of things the average joe wont get. Google Canadian Gun Registry it was an attempt to get all citizens to register their guns and was sold to Canadians to reduce crime and guns in criminal activity etc. Spent a billion dollars on the thing and guess what didn't work cause the criminals didn't come in and register all their handguns and such imagine that. F"ing joke and a waste of money.
    We don't even have to look outside our own country. Take Chicago for example. With all the firearms laws there, they are the murder capitol of the US. Go figure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    This is why Ive started to pick up a few boxes of bullets and a case of shells every week when I go to Wally world for groceries.

    I predict as hvacpope has said here on the forum that more than likely we'll see a ban on the AK's and such first.

    We'll then see the tax go up on ammo. Heck The case of shells I paid $30 for last year at Wally World are now $52. Quite a hike already.
    There were some loop holes in the last ban. Now "they" know what they were, we're in for some bad times. Some of the issues were flat out stupid like, folding /retractable stocks, magazine capacity, bayonet lugs, pistol grips. Funny thing was, not one person was prosecuted for any of these infractions.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    A friend that works with The Department Of Justice, told me that the President Elect, has already explored the possibility of having our State Police departments, go door to door to look for unregistered firearms. Not saying it's going to happen but, it's being looked at. If "they" want to, "they" can implement a tremendous tax on ammo making it so cost prohibitive, you won't be able to really afford to buy it. Same thing with reloading supplies. (I can't verify the accuracy of the first sentence but, I do believe it.)


    That's what black markets are for..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,955
    I heard from a pretty good source yesterday "if" you call a US Marshall a good source, that
    the only thing the new admin. may be going after is the assault guns nothing else will change.
    Last edited by Mr Bill; 11-08-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I heard from a pretty good source yesterday "if" you call a US Marshall a good source, that
    the only thing the new admin. may be going after is the assault guns nothing else will change.
    That's what Hitler said too. Bill, did you get out bid on that mag yesterday?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South central WI
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by lolson View Post
    If gun control ever happens who will dare to gather them up? I would have to say the UN will be called in.
    They can pry them from my cold dead hands.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    They will try to divide and conquer first. They will sneak in through the back door. They will not try to collect your firearm's all at once because they know it would be the start of the revolution our forefathers saw as our duty once the government becomes so corrupt it no longer represent's the people.

    JOIN THE NRA

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vero Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post
    JOIN THE NRA
    Good call!
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event