CCN to Ethernet, wireless laptop with ServiceTool 5 ?

Just got a new 190 ton Carrier model 30RBA190 to replace a 1995 McQuay ALS-175 with series "A" screw compressors (whole other story ). I had Andover look at adding a BACnet CX next to the existing Infinity/Continuum CX. My intent was to upgrade Andover by tying the BACnet CX into a Carrier BACnet translator so that I could view all the additional chiller data now made available. We do this at a half dozen sites on campus, but not this building. The data and new graphics would have been a nice add to the existing system but since the chiller is the only piece of equipment at this one particular site that is BACnet I cannot justify the added (big) expense. The entire campus is wireless and I am wondering if I can add the CCN to Ethernet converter that Carrier sells, then wirelessly make a connection with my laptop to remotely view, with ServiceTool 5, any operational data?
    Last edited by powerhead; 11-07-2008 at 08:08 PM.
    Edited by powerhead on more than one occasion

Sorry for the tough read, I can't seem to edit this post with paragraphs and white space

Quote Originally Posted by powerhead View Post
    The entire campus is wireless and I am wondering if I can add the CCN to Ethernet converter that Carrier sells, then wirelessly make a connection with my laptop to remotely view, with ServiceTool 5, any operational data?
    We have done this to connect another building with CView. It requires the server install of CView versus the stand-alone version. Not positive, but dont think NSTV will support an ip connection to a gateway.

You could do it with 2 CCNIP's, one set as a bridge and the other as a gateway. You would have to connect NSTV directly to the RS485 on the gateway to see the other building.

CCNWebbox may be a better solution, which I believe they still sell. Installed on the chiller and ethernet, you will have wireless access to the chiller with a browser. One advantage is the webbox wont take alot of programming labor, once the chiller is scanned you will see all the tables in the pic like you do in NSTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Thank you, Balibe,

This is just what I was looking for.

Do I need CCN software installed on my computer to make this work?

CCNWeb 2.1 is good, as all you need is an internet connection and Internet Explorer to be able to access the Chiller, its pretty much plug and play, just bear in mind,
    That the table displays are static and need to be refreshed,
    If you use graphic displays (Viewspaces) then they are automatically updated every 10s (I think) as they use plugins.
    If you want to use Viewspaces then they will need to be setup by someone, unless you have access to the 'CCNWeb Graphic Generator'.
    Alarm list needs to be refreshed.
    4 Users can be logged in at one time (but bandwidth is severely reduced)
    Not sure how long Carrier will continue to support this as it is being superceded by i-Vu.

Try this javascriptpenWindow("http://www.ccnwebdemo.com/")
    UserID demo
    Password demo

or this javascriptpenWindow("http://www.ivudemo.com")
    UserId demouser
    Password <leave Blank>