Ilon100e3 web binding???

I've got multiple ilons on the same network and I'm trying to display datapoints from one ilon on the web pages contained in another. I will assume I need to use web binding for this? I've loaded the data points into the web page fine. In the web binder configuration page everything seems pretty straight forward. I add the destination, select the source data point, select target data point in the destination page and then click add binding and submit but when I validate the bindings the status shows a comm failure. I go to View / Data Points and the points are online.

I have the destination address configured with the IP of the ilon with the web pages. I thought I followed the user guide correctly but maybe I missed something.

Can someone explain to me the turnaround address? I'm very confused.

On the web page I just get three dashed lines were the value is displayed.

thanks,
    Last edited by 381engineer; 11-07-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Bad spelling.

Web binding is actually a pretty cool feature of the iLON100 that allows you to connect data between different network domains through port 80 which is normally open in most IP firewalls. For exampler, if you have multiple buildings in the same area, you can bind the outside air temp and humidity to each network.

Here's a few things to check if it's not working,
    When you add the source and destination make sure you've also added them to the trusted sites in your browser settings - you may need to uncheck the box that requires server verifiication (https

Verify that the Web binder Service is 'Yes' for destination iLON.

In the iLON Configure/Web binding dialog - after you've created the binding, click the verify button and observe any errors.

If you're getting a comm failure, ping both destination and source IP address' to verify each is accessible. Web binds by default go out and in on port 80 (same as web traffic) make sure it's open on each end. Use your network tool and verify that the datapoint source is valid. Maybe set up some slow heartbeats. Finally, verify you've updated the iLON's on both ends with the latest Echelon service packs.

Let us know what ya find,

Cheers,
    lb
    A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.

Oh, and regarding Turnaround bindings - this allows you to bind between datapoints that exist in the same iLON - sometimes useful for translating between different types.
    lb

This thread is really interesting, is anywhere I can find tutorials or more information about turnarond bindings or bindings in general on the ilon 100, Code example and how it works.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way but nothing seems to work.

Web binding is actually a pretty cool feature of the iLON100 that allows you to connect data between different network domains through port 80 which is normally open in most IP firewalls. For exampler, if you have multiple buildings in the same area, you can bind the outside air temp and humidity to each network.

Here's a few things to check if it's not working,
    When you add the source and destination make sure you've also added them to the trusted sites in your browser settings - you may need to uncheck the box that requires server verifiication (https

Verify that the Web binder Service is 'Yes' for destination iLON.

In the iLON Configure/Web binding dialog - after you've created the binding, click the verify button and observe any errors.

If you're getting a comm failure, ping both destination and source IP address' to verify each is accessible. Web binds by default go out and in on port 80 (same as web traffic) make sure it's open on each end. Use your network tool and verify that the datapoint source is valid. Maybe set up some slow heartbeats. Finally, verify you've updated the iLON's on both ends with the latest Echelon service packs.
    All of the ilons are on the same domain.
    Both servers are added as trusted sites and server verification is unchecked.
    Web binder service is yes for destination address.
    Both Ilons have the same updates 3.03.08

I read this in the user guide but not sure what it means.
    "If the target device is an i.LON100 server, the output data point must exist on that i.LON100."

It sounds like I must create an identical data point on the destination server.

I've got an email into echelon also.

thanks,

Dudes,
    Here's a link to a few iLON "how-to" videos. While many are E2 related - they may give you some clues. http://www.echelon.com/developers/il...o/video100.htm

And yes, you will need to create a data point in the destination iLON of the same type you're binding from. This is a good use of the web server function block.

Cheers,
    lb

Thanks a lot