Automated Logic P-10 Module

I am looking for help finding some automated logic P-10 Modules.

If you need one because yours is broken...before you chuck the whole thing, tell me what the problem is.... If it's pneumatic cylinder related, then OK, trash it. Most times (but not always) the problem is with the cap which is the same whether it is a P10, U12, P2. Did you try formatting it, you know they are strange and you have to short 2 pins together to get it to format.

There are ways around having to install another P10 module, you can use electronic outputs and 500DC E/P converters and a few more options. I have done many P-10 eliminations over the years.

Just the thought of a P10 still out there makes me uneasy....LOL. I have a source for bits and pieces of these, fill me in and we'll go from there.
    Last edited by hotrod53; 11-07-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod53 View Post
    If you need one because yours is broken...before you chuck the whole thing, tell me what the problem is.... If it's pneumatic cylinder related, then OK, trash it. Most times (but not always) the problem is with the cap which is the same whether it is a P10, U12, P2. Did you try formatting it, you know they are strange and you have to short 2 pins together to get it to format.

There are ways around having to install another P10 module, you can use electronic outputs and 500DC E/P converters and a few more options. I have done many P-10 eliminations over the years.

Just the thought of a P10 still out there makes me uneasy....LOL. I have a source for bits and pieces of these, fill me in and we'll go from there.
    I have tried formating. The module just isn't sending the air to the valve. one day it works then it doesn't. My ALC dealer has suggested to remodel. which is probably the way to go.
    What Cap issue are you reffering to?

Your dealer is correct, your symptoms are typical of solenoids failing and ALC will not repair them, not on a P module. Since you have P-10s you have a legacy 9600 baud network, that limits your options. You can use Z modules or G modules and I think even a new M will do 9600, forget about new ZNs. Not all current ALC modules will do 9600 baud. You can install a new LGR module and use any current ALC modules, or if you have some old Z443s laying around you can use the AOs and go thru an E/P converter like a 500DC. There is no longer such a thing as a G or M module that is pneumatic, only expanders, what you need is a M4106P that they recently quit making. Ultimately updating is the way to go if your budget allows.

A "CAP" is the removable side opposite the cover over the solenoids, the same board that you used to format it. That is the brains of the card and all of the "P" modules use that same one that is interchangable. Based on your description, your problem is not the cap.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Thanks for the info.