Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Looking for a Job... Orlando FL

Hi everyone, I figured while I wait for a response from my interview, I should jump ahead and post here about looking for a position. If a company is interested to review my details send me a message and I will send my resume. I am new to the Orlando area, have recently moved here from New Jersey. Im a hard worker looking for a career. Thanks

Hey again, so it seems like there's not many companies surfing this site, or at least not this Job Discussion thread... Just wondering if anyone might know of any companies in or around Orlando FL area that might be hiring? Any feedback is appreciated.

You may want to list some of your qualifications or what market you have the most experience - res,light comm, comm, industrial. Just general stuff so we know which way your looking to go.

I'm in the area and can provide some information on where to start.

Good luck.
    Anyone who says this trade is easy, aint doing it right!

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

Proud member of the United Association.

Quote Originally Posted by servtech2 View Post
    Hi everyone, I figured while I wait for a response from my interview, I should jump ahead and post here about looking for a position. If a company is interested to review my details send me a message and I will send my resume. I am new to the Orlando area, have recently moved here from New Jersey. Im a hard worker looking for a career. Thanks
    Check out this link:

http://www.mepjobs.com/JobSeekerPage...stateAbbrev=FL

And of course you can post your resume and specify you want to work in the Orlando area.

Good luck!
    JeffatMEPJobs

Quote Originally Posted by smokies View Post
    You may want to list some of your qualifications or what market you have the most experience - res,light comm, comm, industrial. Just general stuff so we know which way your looking to go.

I'm in the area and can provide some information on where to start.

Good luck.
    Hi thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if i should paste my resume in the thread? But my strenghts in the field are residential and light commercial installations. Im from New Jersey though and im not very familiar with ductboard, but have worked with it a few times and it really doesnt seem all that much different then working with sheet-metal. My service skills are not top notch, but i've always managed to find the problems on the systems i've worked on. Im just new to the area and looking for work, would like to obtain a position in a well established company for a long term career opportunity, but also open to any company even as a helper considering the wage would be sufficient enough for me to live.

For the past 2 years i've been working for myself doing retrofitting, residential installs and service.

Thanks for any help and direction you can give me.

P.S. Im willing to travel about an hour outside of Orlando considering the wage is enough to be able to do it.

Check out Westbrook Service Corp. I'm not too familiar with how they operate or treat their people, but I know they're pretty big in Orlando in terms of residential and light commercial type of work.

If you're wanting to get into commercial/industrial work, MSI is a good shop to get in with. I've worked for them for almost two years now, and I don't have any desire to work anywhere else at this time. I'm hearing some chatter about possible layoffs in December, though... So, unfortunately, now might not be the best time. It never hurts to try, though. The number is 1-877-MSIFLA1

Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    Check out Westbrook Service Corp. I'm not too familiar with how they operate or treat their people, but I know they're pretty big in Orlando in terms of residential and light commercial type of work.

If you're wanting to get into commercial/industrial work, MSI is a good shop to get in with. I've worked for them for almost two years now, and I don't have any desire to work anywhere else at this time. I'm hearing some chatter about possible layoffs in December, though... So, unfortunately, now might not be the best time. It never hurts to try, though. The number is 1-877-MSIFLA1
    Thanks for the info, and I'm not only trying to stay with what I've been doing, I'm open to other type of work in the field, just really looking for a solid position. Ill give MSI a call to see if they are accepting applications. Thanks again.

I'm not sure Florida is a great place to be. I lived there for a year and couldn't stand it. There are too many one-man shops, so there's a lot of competition for jobs that don't pay very well at all. I would try to stay near Jacksonville if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ideafx View Post
    I'm not sure Florida is a great place to be. I lived there for a year and couldn't stand it. There are too many one-man shops, so there's a lot of competition for jobs that don't pay very well at all. I would try to stay near Jacksonville if possible.
    New Jersey wasn't any better. There's no need for any HVAC licensing in NJ, only thing you need is general contract license and EPA card, nothing else.

" New Jersey wasn't any better. There's no need for any HVAC licensing in NJ, only thing you need is general contract license and EPA card, nothing else."

I think they'll even wave those requirements if your cousin's name is Guido....

Sorry can't help on contacts in Orlando-the only place I know there,would Not recommend.

Good place to start would be in the supply houses,the counter people often know who's looking, and who to avoid.
    They often have help wanted signs on the bulletin boards too.
    Good Luck.
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC9900 View Post
    " New Jersey wasn't any better. There's no need for any HVAC licensing in NJ, only thing you need is general contract license and EPA card, nothing else."

I think they'll even wave those requirements if your cousin's name is Guido....

Sorry can't help on contacts in Orlando-the only place I know there,would Not recommend.

Good place to start would be in the supply houses,the counter people often know who's looking, and who to avoid.
    They often have help wanted signs on the bulletin boards too.
    Good Luck.
    Thats one of the first places i was trying to find, I only found one supply house in the area, and my GPS took me to a few more spots where there was supposed to be supply houses, but was none. Only one i been to so far is Gemaire.

Try Johnstone and Baker distributing......times are rough right now. you better have a great resume. most outfits are looking to upgrade not add, if you know what I mean.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

try www.thebluebook.com punch in air conditioning first then your state/area hit contractors (***) and you will access all the companies down there.most have website links to view the companies
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast