+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest EF Challenge Quiz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Latest EF Challenge Quiz

This week the EF Challenge Quiz is the eighth in our RSES CM Practice Exam series which is based on a comprehensive set of questions prepared by the Mississippi Valley Chapter of RSES and brought to the EF by MechAcc.

This quiz deals primarily with testing your general knowledge of different types of compressors used in HVACR.

Take the EF Challenge and find out how you measure up!

Follow this link: The EF Challenge Quiz

Remember, you must have Pro-Status to have access to the EF.
    Last edited by Educational Committee; 12-07-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Post Likes

Latest EF Challenge Quiz

This week the EF Challenge Quiz is the ninth in our RSES CM Practice Exam series which is based on a comprehensive set of questions prepared by the Mississippi Valley Chapter of RSES and brought to the EF by MechAcc.

This quiz deals primarily with testing your general knowledge of different types of metering devices used in HVACR....and some compressor questions, too.

Post Likes

Latest EF Challenge Quiz

This week the EF Challenge Quiz is the tenth in our RSES CM Practice Exam series which is based on a comprehensive set of questions prepared by the Mississippi Valley Chapter of RSES and brought to the EF by MechAcc.

This quiz has a couple of questions about TEV's, some on residential electronic air cleaners and few on basic electrical theory.

Post Likes

Latest EF Challenge Quiz

This week the EF Challenge Quiz is about the proper handling of and procedures for R410A refrigerant.

It's based on an RSES Journal article available here:
    http://refrigerants.dupont.com/Suva/...nal_200510.pdf

So read the article and have it handy when taking the quiz. There's no time limit so take your time and look for all the correct answers. They're all in there.

Take the latest EF Challenge and find out how you measure up!

To get to the EF Challenges quizzes, follow this link: The EF Challenge Quiz

Post Likes

Question about Challenge Quizes

Is there more to the purpose of the Quizes than personal knowledge? I am not trying to be funny or anything just curious.
    Thanks in advance

Post Likes

Thumbs up Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by kmartj91 View Post
    Is there more to the purpose of the Quizes than personal knowledge? I am not trying to be funny or anything just curious.
    Thanks in advance
    What more would you want? Knowledge is power.If you think you know enough then you are in the wrong trade.It's a life long learning experience.I would imagine that is why you joined this forum. Too excel in this trade today you have to take it upon yourself to learn and grow just to stay in the game let alone compete.
    Last edited by willm61; 03-12-2009 at 04:26 AM. Reason: spelling error

Post Likes

Sorry Willm61

What I meant by my question was do the quizzes have anything to do with membership? I agree with you about personal knowledge, I have been in this industry for 20yrs and have done about everything related, from warehouse to helper to residential to commercial and industrial.

Post Likes
    No offense intended and no apologies ness. I don't think it's a membership thing. It's just to keep the edges sharp and helps others prepping for exams.But you never know what you may have forgotten till you start to do a few.

Post Likes
    Thanks willm61

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartj91 View Post
    What I meant by my question was do the quizzes have anything to do with membership? I agree with you about personal knowledge, I have been in this industry for 20yrs and have done about everything related, from warehouse to helper to residential to commercial and industrial.
    I'm still not sure exactly what you're asking here.

The primary purpose of the Educational Forums Challenge Quiz is to present to the Pro-Members of HVAC-Talk a means to test their knowledge of the trade. Access to the EF Challenge Quiz is restricted to Pro-Membership (just like all the other Pro-Only areas of the site) because we present rather technical material which should not be viewed by unqualified site users. So in a sense it is, in part, a "membership thing" as you stated.

Apply for Pro-Status and find out what your missing.

But, with regard to the "personal knowledge" aspect of the quizzes, they are not only designed to test your knowledge, they also give our members a way to practice taking tests, which we all know is the basis of nearly all certifications in this business.

As an author of many of the EF Challenge Quizzes, I try to write each quiz question to force the user to read each question carefully, to use the given reference material to find the answers and to select the one best answer to the question as written.

So it's more than just about testing trade knowledge, it's also about knowing how to take a test.

Post Likes
    i want to take these quizes too.... let me guess i have too spend money too be able to take the quizes?....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncar32 View Post
    i want to take these quizes too.... let me guess i have too spend money too be able to take the quizes?....
    You must have Professional Status to access the Educational Forums and the Challenge Quizzes.

The first requirement is to have 15 posts, which you've very nearly attained.

The rest is explained here:
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=116113

So get posting and send in your application!

Post Likes

CANT WAIT

Sorry for shouting in the title but I gotta get these posts in so i can move on through the site. 410a 410a uh uh uh uh , Just really am exicited about the site , so shoot me!

Mike

Post Likes
    Just throwing out some "corrections" to the Supermarket Quiz.

#2-The answer should be a,b and d. seen many a faulty defrost timer (gang clock) causing multiple system ice ups.

#4- The answer cannot be all of the above as a rack that is "out of gas" would not short cycle, if it was low on gas it would short cycle.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mccool View Post
    Just throwing out some "corrections" to the Supermarket Quiz.

#2-The answer should be a,b and d. seen many a faulty defrost timer (gang clock) causing multiple system ice ups.

#4- The answer cannot be all of the above as a rack that is "out of gas" would not short cycle, if it was low on gas it would short cycle.
    We agree that the answer to #2 should have been g to include the defrost timer. I think that was actually a typo error.

The #4 question will be reworded to say "low refrigerant" as opposed to "out of gas".

Your score for that quiz will be updated accordingly.

Thanks for the keen observations McCool!

Post Likes
    I am new to hvac talk and am looking forward to getting the posts up to move into the pro-status. Looks like some great info at that level for any skill or experience level in this field. Started in residential service in mid 80's and then been in and out of hvac until this year.

Post Likes

Latest EF Challenge Quiz

This week the EF Challenge Quiz is the 11th in our RSES CM Practice Exam series which is based on a comprehensive set of questions prepared by the Mississippi Valley Chapter of RSES and brought to the EF by MechAcc.

This quiz deals with basic electrical knowledge.

Post Likes

Latest EF Challenge Quiz

This week the EF Challenge Quiz is the 12th in our RSES CM Practice Exam series which is based on a comprehensive set of questions prepared by the Mississippi Valley Chapter of RSES and brought to the EF by MechAcc.

This quiz again deals with basic electrical knowledge.

Post Likes

Cool Quizzes

These quizzes sound like they will be interesting. I am new to the site and always trying to learn everything I can about this field. I am looking forward to testing my knowledge once I get my 15 posts

Post Likes
    Twilly cant access the test?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in