Baker's Pride flat top

I don't do these, but it's at one of our customer's. Had gas pressure but not volume.

I found the gas regulator on the back of the flat top coated with gooo. The vent plug was restricted. I cleaned it and the flat top worked for a couple of hours.

The customer will not call a food equipment company, but did call the dealer that sold the top to him. The dealer stated it didn't need a regulator and just take it off. He said they are self regulated. Is that true? Our plumber installed it, and said the regulator came with the top. I don't really trust that the top doesn't need a regulator.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Negative MM.. unless the reg valve is held within a factory gas valve it is mandatory that you have one. What would happen if the street pressure went up or the house reg. went bad?? Trouble, that's what you would have.

You did just fine removing the goo from the vent cap now tell them to wrap the regulator in aluminum foil and change it every month.

I just found and printed the I & Os and it shows the regulator. The dealer must of thought we installed a second regulator or something. Or he was just plain wrong.

I did screw a sheild over the regulator yesturday.

I also printed out the I & Os to show the bar owner.

Lusker, thank you.

PS. I guess I'll offer to de-goo it again tomarrow.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.