Hmm DX9100 AO not sourcing.

I have a Johnson Controls DX9100 with AO 1 & 2 not sourcing 0-10V as expected.

1 - Jumpers are installed corectly.
    2 - Point Mapped to NCM and when overriden, DX display shows appropriate Value.
    3 - Point is configured with GX9100 to for 0-10V, 0 - 100% on low limit, high limit and output. Forcing Values not used, left blank.

I do not have a source point setup, was hoping to simply override this point from the front-end.

Any Ideas?

You must use the source point in order to make the AO work.
    If you just want to override the AO from the front-end use an ACO as a source point of the AO and make the ACO avilable at the NCM.

The 8 ACO's are used. Is there another way to get it working? Can you override the AO directly?

hum.... Do you have a free PM? If so use a PID or ON/OFF and link the module output (OCM) to the AO, and then you can override the AO trough the NCM. The AO must have a something connected to its source value in order to work.

Bottom line, you just have to link any think to the source point, to activate the AO

Must be doing something wrong on DX9100

I am overlooking something. I connected an existing setpoint to the AO via GX9100. I still do not have any voltage at the points, very frusterating.... HELP>>> Maybe I don't have it set up right, what is the step by step setup ?
    Last edited by StevebNC; 11-06-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StevebNC View Post
    I am overlooking something. I connected an existing setpoint to the AO via GX9100. I still do not have any voltage at the points, very frusterating.... HELP>>>
    You have cooked AO's

I configured AO 1 & 2 the same, AO 2 has never been wired. AO1 was wired. AO2 has same problem. Is the common the problem, Do I need to move to AO11?

1. change type of output to 1 = 0-10vdc.
    2. ensure the High Range is 100, low Range is 0. The limits only apply if the Enable Limits bit is set.
    3. Connect a source point to the AO. If all of your ACOs are used, use and output from an 8-calc module that isn't used.
    4. Upload and check the calibration values. AOs for voltage High ~3970 low ~48. It is on the back of the DX9100 if the values are messed up.

If it still doesn't work try disconnecting the wires and check the AO without a load. The load needs to be high impedance for it to work properly.

If you still don't see voltage on the AO i'd say its cooked.

Delete PIDs and reAdd, make sure Aos are set for proper out put, this should correct problem.