Senator McCain Gave a Great Concession Speech

man, that was one great speech he gave. he was magnanimous, conciliatory, and statesmanlike. I thought, WHOA, where has THIS guy been?, he could have prevailed in the election if he had been like that throughout.

that anecdote he recounted about Booker T. Washington being invited to the White House, and his comments on race relations were particularly moving. his noting that in America anything's possible, vis a vis, Obama's rise as an African American from obscurity to the White House, well, it made me once more very proud to be an American...

for the record, I didn't vote for him, or Obama either, but that was one magnificent speech. he said Senator Obama had earned his respect by running a long, tough, effective campaign. by his grace and eloquence under trying circumstances, Senator McCain certainly earned mine. God, bless America, and ALL her leaders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC4Qy...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by batdude View Post
    man, that was one great speech he gave. he was magnanimous, conciliatory, and statesmanlike. I thought, WHOA, where has THIS guy been?, he could have prevailed in the election if he had been like that throughout.

that anecdote he recounted about Booker T. Washington being invited to the White House, and his comments on race relations were particularly moving. his noting that in America anything's possible, vis a vis, Obama's rise as an African American from obscurity to the White House, well, it made me once more very proud to be an American...

for the record, I didn't vote for him, or Obama either, but that was one magnificent speech. he said Senator Obama had earned his respect by running a long, tough, effective campaign. by his grace and eloquence under trying circumstances, Senator McCain certainly earned mine. God, bless America, and ALL her leaders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC4Qy...eature=related
    Yes, that was the McCain I liked in 2000. there are hundres of great men spinkled throughout our History who never became President. Franlin was one. McCain is the only american I could imagine who would join the dead presidents club without being one

I also thought it was a great concession speech. We could have done without the booing from the crowd when Obama's name came up though...in my opinion.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield