Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    Who said anything about start-up?

I thought a normal situation where this this would be used i.e. Pump down would occur at the end of a cycle

There are many app's where timing out a safety is called for, the facts, not a band-aid
    It is not a good idea to bypass a low pressure control w a timer for pump down purposes. A timer to bypass a low pressure control on startup in cold weather is common, but the question here seems to be about prolonging pump down. Scroll compressors can be damaged by pumping down too low. If the timer ever failed this could happen. It would be a better idea to put a 2nd low pressure switch in. (or widen the cut in cut out differential spread on the existing control)

Quote Originally Posted by bob_scheel View Post
    It is not a good idea to bypass a low pressure control w a timer for pump down purposes. A timer to bypass a low pressure control on startup in cold weather is common, but the question here seems to be about prolonging pump down. Scroll compressors can be damaged by pumping down too low. If the timer ever failed this could happen. It would be a better idea to put a 2nd low pressure switch in. (or widen the cut in cut out differential spread on the existing control)
    Its done everyday in the refer world among others, never ever caused an issue and is generally a required part of the sequence of operations, timing out a safety in a lot of circumstances is a requirement, period

Johnson make a low pressure switch with built in time delay the P29 series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "There are 10 types of people in the world.. those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Can you name a few refrigeration systems that use scroll compressors for pumpdown? I need to know for reference. I wonder how low pressure they really go.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12