I just read McCain concession speech and I can say it was very moving. Made me very proud that he was able to say the things he did. It was a proper ending to this mess of an election.
The reasons why I feel McCain lost:
1) The democrats had a very messy primary. All the dirt was out on Obama. When people say “the media is so left/biased” I have to laugh, for the longest time the media was trashing this guy and trying to connect him with all sorts of wack jobs. I don’t think the media loved Obama, I think they loved to sell news and get ratings.
2) Nearly every night, and every headline were clips of McCain and Plain trashing Obama. I think this turned a lot of people off. They kept trying to play defense when they should have been going offensive.
3) McCain almost had the organized labor vote. The unions weren’t that quick to get behind Obama, in fact they were mostly split. However McCain had some union busting things on his agenda. If he would have crossed that stuff off on his campaign to do list, he stood a shot at carrying a union vote.
4) He should have distanced himself from Bush more.
5) Palin. Sarah turned out to be a better pit bull in lipstick then running mate. I think a lot of the republicans he lost were turned off by her. The media lobbed some easy questions at her and she couldn’t give a straight answer.
6) It was clear by last spring the economy was in trouble. If he would started talking economy as a primary goal of his agenda he might have won.
7) I think in many ways McCain got his party’s nomination because he was possibly the only man that might be able to straighten out the situation in Iraq. Nevertheless Iraq was put on the back burner for now. The biggest issue was the economy and McCain was weak when it came to campaigning based on the economy.
8) I am really bummed that Giuliani didn’t run a better campaign. He would have had my vote. He is a moderate republican. That’s what I like.
9) Why is it that now all the guys in this board are saying things like…
Im going to move to Canada
Im turning my flag upside down
But when Obama’s wife said he was not proud of our country people were up in arms. That looks and smells like hypocrisy to me!
10) Just talked to a friend that is stationed in Texas. Hes been to Iraq once already. Going back again this winter. He said “ONLY BAD CAN COME OF THIS” “that’s a dream of his, not gonna happen” (reffering to pulling out of Iraq) “he is full of ****, the army is not happy” I disagree with him but none the less that’s just one soldiers opinion.
11) I have high hopes for this presidency. I think anything will be better then the last 8 years.