USA Today voting map

Looking at the USA Today voting results by county map the election results looks like a sweeping sea of red. States that went to BO such as IN, OH and PA are predominately red in color except for the urban areas. Even bastions of liberalism such as CA, NY and MN show large areas of Republican votes. IMHO the election was decided by the urban centers where people want, expect and demand gov't service and assistance and handouts vs. the rural areas where people depend upon their own initiative and hard work.

I don't want to diminish the hard work of those who choose to work in the city centers; just an observation from someone who lives in a rural conservative area.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

This may not ease our pain but it does put the red/blue areas in perspective.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

As ive said before im not a fan of the electoral college, but even if it went by popular vote, the rural areas still would not be able to swing an election.

Theses maps do not mean anything. All that matters is winning middle America swing states.

Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    Looking at the USA Today voting results by county map the election results looks like a sweeping sea of red. States that went to BO such as IN, OH and PA are predominately red in color except for the urban areas. Even bastions of liberalism such as CA, NY and MN show large areas of Republican votes. IMHO the election was decided by the urban centers where people want, expect and demand gov't service and assistance and handouts vs. the rural areas where people depend upon their own initiative and hard work.

I don't want to diminish the hard work of those who choose to work in the city centers; just an observation from someone who lives in a rural conservative area.

here i sit in an urban area waiting for my handout. maybe you could bring your rural conservative self up here and teach me how to work.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry