Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've heard of Carrier Infinity going in Mobile/Manufactured Homes with great results. This is just hearsay, but I was told to get MH rating the furnace must include a propane kit standard.

I wasn't comfortable doing that, so I've gone with White and Carrier for my MH installs. I don't sell non-condensing equipment as a personal rule, so both were sealed combustion 90+. I like the Carrier 40,000 as it has the smallest blower and therefore lowest airflow noise.

Love to know if anybody has hard reference material answering these questions...

IMO, if you recommend a package unit it indicates no concern for durable and energy efficient solutions for the homeowner, just selfish interest in selling crap and getting on to the next.
    Last edited by tedkidd; 10-06-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Scorpio54,

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
    Intertherm Mobile Home 15 kw electric furnace with A coil has a 1/3 h.p. motor rated at 4 tons airflow. A Goodman 70,000 95% gas furnace has a 1/2 h.p. rated at 4 tons airflow. Id think if the Intertherm can overcome the static pressure , the Goodman would ... especially without any return air ductwork going 2 pipe. Ill have to check the airflow/static chart for the Goodman. Sure would like to ditch the electric one and go with a propane 95% . Its my own Mobile Home.
    ive replaced a htpmp in a mobile home with a furnace before .

the home was about 5 feet off the ground at its highest point . i intalled it just like any normal upflow furnace and ran solid trunk lines , i tore out the supply mess and made sleeves and hooked in to the trunk line with small runs of flex.

im not sure i would have installed the furnace in the original space. and if its your home patch the hole in the floor and enjoy a new broom/storage closet.
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

OP in 2008, I don't think IbeDave, last active in 2009, will be reading this thread anytime soon. LOL
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

THX.
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12