Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting Parents for Christmas - Limited AC

Post Likes
    Yes, it should be a transition.

Post Likes
    So I wanted to circle back and

1) Thank everyone for their support on this!

2) Give everyone an update

My parents contacted the CEO of the company directly (via email) He was quick to reply and based on the pictures we sent , he had two of his "most senior" installers show up at the house with two trucks.

Seven hours later, they had :

Removed the furnace
    Fabricated a transition from the space guard to the furnace
    Replaced a section and reinstalled some of the ducts where the installer pulled back the insulation and did not replace
    Reworked the flue and removed the styrofoam cup that was left squished next to it
    Rewired the low voltage that was hacked together
    Replaced the seal-tite that was too short and not connected to the switch box
    Reworked and completely redid the gas line feeding the unit (since the drip leg was laying horizontal across the top with a piece of flex line feeding the furnace
    They then returned the next day and wrapped things up and cleaned up.

I was shocked at the responsiveness of the company considering the install was several years ago. But they made it right and my parents are beyond happy. Unfortunately they literally had to do the entire job twice. I am guessing the installer that slammed the furnace in is no longer there as he cost the company almost twenty man hours just to redo everything a second time.

Figured I would update everyone on this with some good news considering a lot of the stuff I am reading lately in this forum involves people being poisoned by refrigerant, PVC, copper, lead , pipe dope, wood, fiberglass etc

3. Likes beenthere liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Good news & thanks for the feed back!!! Several year old install made right. Amazing they made it right & amazing they are still in business for the workmanship they did in the past! They may have had a bad install crew at the time???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in