Thread: Lennox furnace starts running even with thermostat being off

Post Likes

Lennox furnace starts running even with thermostat being off

We have lennox 94-95% two stage furnance g31 or g61 model. We are doing some work in the house and turn it off for a month. Suddenly, the furnance starts to run and check the thermostat and it is in off position. The thermostat does not even say "heat" which does when turn on the thermostat. The furnance always stays in slow stage and never goes to high stage even the outside temp being in 30s. I can feel some air coming from the vents. I need to turn the furnace off from the outlet to stop running. Any ideas?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GG123 View Post
    We have lennox 94-95% two stage furnance g31 or g61 model. We are doing some work in the house and turn it off for a month. Suddenly, the furnance starts to run and check the thermostat and it is in off position. The thermostat does not even say "heat" which does when turn on the thermostat. The furnance always stays in slow stage and never goes to high stage even the outside temp being in 30s. I can feel some air coming from the vents. I need to turn the furnace off from the outlet to stop running. Any ideas?

Thanks
    The honest answer is "please call a service tech. It's gas heat you are dealing with".

If you die with a tech touching it - you have double insurance

Post Likes
    Will wait till we put windows and close the house and call a tech. That is weird so I said to ask before waiting a few weeks.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    I think it is because it is so close to holloween-- jmho

Post Likes
    Does the stat have a built in safety to keep the house temperature at a bare minimum so water pipes don't freeze?

Post Likes
    open thy wallet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Does the stat have a built in safety to keep the house temperature at a bare minimum so water pipes don't freeze?

My thoughts also. Some thermostats have a safety built in to turn the furnace in at a minimum temperature so the house won't freeze up.
    Its a good Life!

Post Likes
    House made a good point that sometimes a sensor is placed in system, so that if house drops bleow 62, The furnace will begin to cycle to prevent freezing conditions in home.

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    I think it is because it is so close to holloween-- jmho

what he said!

Post Likes
    it's time to call a services guy....

Post Likes
    Putting a new a/c and asked the hvac people to take a look at the G32v2 furnance. No sure if they did anything but now is fine. Did not have a chance to speak to them since I spoke them in the morning and left for work. May be as other people said if the temperature drops below a point the furnance starts by itself. Have the thermostat set to 50 for now.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in