+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fireplace cleaning

Post Likes

Fireplace cleaning

Work for a company that does mostly new housing they just started installing fireplaces about 3 years, i went to do SMC on a couple of them and the homeowner's decided that they did not like were the logs were sitting so they changed them and of course the whole unit turned totally white because of this. So i clean the glass with glass cleaner, vacuum of the logs and reinstall them the right way and then i try to vacuum and wipe the white junk off the inner chamber but no matter what i do it never comes back to its original black finish was wonderin if anyone knows anything that will bring the original black back, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Post Likes
    High temp. black paint. :-)

Seriously, the glass should turn black from soot when the logs are out of place.

Post Likes

Talking stupid homeowners

sounds like moving logs caused hot spots in fireplace burning paint off....like the last guy said stove black make sure pilot is off ....... cut off homeowners hands....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in