NAE not updating BACnet points from Carrier Card

NAE not updating BACnet points from Carrier Card

I have Carrier BACnet translator that has been commissioned and appears to be working correctly.The JCI MSTP side was connected and the points auto-discovered before the commissioning was done. It appears now that the the NAE will not update the data without doing a Release All to each point.

Any thoughts

This one is of interest to me, because as soon as the bus gets run to mine, that's what I'm hooking to. I had that issue with another vendor via fieldserver when passed as AVs, and it was deeper on their end, so I don't know what they did. Look at the focus window in the NAE for the priority array. They may be sending it with a present value at some priority. You can also find each point under BACnet engineering, and in there it will show you how it is sent. I know the other vendor sent as a 16, and now sends as a 0 (No Priority). I will have to see if that can be configured with NST, but again, I'm not hooked to the NAE yet so I can't test there. I may run a temp bus along the floor now that I hear this.

Taking a quick look at my config, I believe the protocol address and device instance need to be the same, and you may want to change Max Master to the highest address actually in use on the bus rather than the default of 127. I believe it will try and poll through all addresses up to 127 whether there or not. Other than that, I don't see anything else we can set in NST. The Max Master may even want to be set at the NAE device instance as that would be the master (I'm not really clear on this yet), but for one vendor that had the info (another chiller co.) said to set it at the highest used address (device instance). It can be changed online as devices are added if that is the case. Tell me we aren't the 1st ones. Someone has to have one going to an NAE somewhere. By the way, all my issues have been on the "server" (sender) side, not the "client" (receiver). There have been many. I'm willing to stay the course because when it does work the way it should be implemented, it is SO easy the get the points and use them wherever and however you wish at a wider (buzzword alert!) "enterprise" level.

simsd

How'd you make out with your Carrier BACnet interface? Mines good to go. It was a little quirky trying to ensure the point tables and data migrated from the target device, but that's probably only because I was playing around with addresses and switching between the old datalink and back. You do have to make sure you see good data on the translator point maintenance tables before you'll see anything on the BACnet side.

I threw a setpoint in and it changed on the chiller panel pretty quick. I'm gonna give it a full test run next week.

kingtuna,

I did check the maintenance table prior to all of this and everything appeared to be okay - readings made sense (I always check the analog values as you get a better reality check) and they were changing in real time.

Other than that though - no other changes.