Thread: No Heat!

No Heat!

I installed a new programmable thermostat last spring, a Hunter 44860. It cools perfectly but will not come on for heat. At the time I thought it was wired correctly, but cannot be sure now. It works perfectly if I switch it to cool. When I switch to heat, I cannot even get the blower fan to run. It is an electric 7-wire heat pump system. Here is how I have it wired:

Wire - Terminal - Usage
    --------------------------
    Yellow - Y1 - Compressor Stage 1
    White - W2 - Aux Heat
    Green - G - Fan Control
    Red - RC\R - 24VAC
    Brown - C - 24VAC Common
    Orange - O - Reversing Valve Cool
    Black - E - Emergency Heat

There are no jumpers, and there were none on the old thermostat if I recall correctly. Can anybody help me?
    Last edited by arstacey; 10-29-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Was there any kind of option on it to switch to gas or electric heat? other than that probably need to get a
    service company out to help you figure it out.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Yes, there is in the systems settings. It was originally set to conventional but I changed it to heat pump and it is set correctly for electric.

The heat worked last winter and the home is only a year old, so hopefully it is not the system

I did not see you linked to another site in your post, I would go back and edit that, you can bet the Mods here
    will not be happy to see that, just like to see you get off on a good start.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I did not see you linked to another site in your post, I would go back and edit that, you can bet the Mods here
    will not be happy to see that, just like to see you get off on a good start.
    lol i didnt even think about that. i will edit it. just in a mad rush to get some heat and getting frantic lol

Sorry, this is not a DIY help site, you need to call a pro for help. Good luck, let us know what it was!