Thread: 30 GXR

30 GXR

Hey guys

I'm going to have to change the internal and external oil filters on this machine any suggestions.

nothing too it.
    Shut circuit down. Close oil valve at oil seperator and compressor.
    Bleed pressure fom islolated oil line and replace filters. Make sure to have a 3/4 inch allen wrench for internal filter.

Quote Originally Posted by tknorman View Post
    Hey guys

I'm going to have to change the internal and external oil filters on this machine any suggestions.
    Here is a tip take a hammer and break the paint on the internal filtercover and tap the allen wrench with the hammer and possibly use a small cheater pipe or hex bit socket

You will need lots of rags. I made a small drain pan to place under the compressor between the motor and cooler. Best if you can change it while it has been off for a period of time . Won`t be as much oil in the oil-line.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Thanks Guys

I will let you know how it went

when removing the internal filter, if you have to rotate it to get it out turn it clockwise. some of the early ones had the check valve unscrew with the filter. not many of these out there but be aware of it. make sure you bleed the pressure off of it so you know the check valve is holding.