Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HOW MANY AMPS ON 15KW HEAT?

trying to remember--does anyone know off hand how many amps a 15 kw heater would pull on a goodman split heat pump,i couldnt remember how many and if it would take 2 power sources or just one,the size of the breaker and the size of the wire if just one was used,right now there is a number 6 wire pulled and i was putting in a 4-ton split goodman heat pump--but was debating on 10kw or 15kw--the house is a new house in the south--thanks

get your post count up and post questions like this in the professional members section. until then, i'd ask your boss, one of your fellow journeymen or consult with the installation recommendations from the mfg.

* this seems to have a hint of d.i.y. are you in the business?

With all do respect, the way that is wroded is as if u have no clue what you are doing and in that case call your supply house

Wattage = Voltage x Amperage. You do the math.
    Last edited by amd; 10-28-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: The fact that an HVAC technician had to ask that question is scary.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

be very careful about those numbers beacuse those are not all inclusive of everything in the system and will trip breakers and start fires potentially

are you from my neck of the woods,STANSIL
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

let me start off by saying that i do work for myself since 1995 and have been doing hvac for 20 years now,and yes i can call the supply house tomorrow with no problem,i was putting nothing but gas in for years until it shot sky high and now that everyone prefers heatpumps because of this,i have been mainly putting in 10kw ,but i have a homeowners who wants to make sure everything is overkill on this and just has ask me did he need to pull a new wire if i did bump it to 15kw and being that it has been several years since i have installed a unit with 15kw of heat ---i was---believe it or not---drawing a blank on how many amps it pulled and what to tell him----sooooo, seeing as i thought that was what this site was for --i thought that i could ask a simple question and get a simple answer while i was sitting here doing nothing---but yes i can and will call the supply house tomorrow and verify---and as far as thinking that i am a d.i.y--you can forget that--i was putting in over 150 units a year at one time about 10-15 years ago,by myself

Quote Originally Posted by STANCILHVAC View Post
    let me start off by saying that i do work for myself since 1995 and have been doing hvac for 20 years now,and yes i can call the supply house tomorrow with no problem,i was putting nothing but gas in for years until it shot sky high and now that everyone prefers heatpumps because of this,i have been mainly putting in 10kw ,but i have a homeowners who wants to make sure everything is overkill on this and just has ask me did he need to pull a new wire if i did bump it to 15kw and being that it has been several years since i have installed a unit with 15kw of heat ---i was---believe it or not---drawing a blank on how many amps it pulled and what to tell him----sooooo, seeing as i thought that was what this site was for --i thought that i could ask a simple question and get a simple answer while i was sitting here doing nothing---but yes i can and will call the supply house tomorrow and verify---and as far as thinking that i am a d.i.y--you can forget that--i was putting in over 150 units a year at one time about 10-15 years ago,by myself
    well,did u live hear

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

hey --mr horsepower,big time professional member,just for REFERANCE,SINCE I GOT BASHED SO BAD FOR ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION,I HAVE HELD A JOURNYMAN LICENSE FOR ABOUT 17 YEARS,A UNIVERSAL REFRIGERATON LICENSE FOR ABOUT 14 YEARS AND NOW ALSO HOLD AN UNLIMITED HVAC LICENSE PLUS VARIOUS OTHER CERTIFICATIONS---BY THE WAY HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN THIS OR WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO JUST BE ANOTHER STRAIGHT OUT OF SCHOOL BOOK SMART "PROFESSIONAL"

And yes i have always lived in s.c.---just was bugging me that i was drawing a blank on the question that i asked and thought i might could just get a quick simple reply,but i quess i will need to watch how i word things if i ask anything else ----am now wondering what this website is supposed to be for,maybe run up several post and then become a "professional" internet hvac tech--lol

Go here Brother and we will get you fixed up, but we all do have to adhere to site rules I hope you understand,
    and by the way welcome to Hvac-Talk the best site on the net.
    Mr. Bill

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Cool

I'm green as hell and I can tell you that one. I'll give you a hint: A watt is the power used when 1 ampere flows with a potential difference of 1 volt.

Quote Originally Posted by STANCILHVAC View Post
    And yes i have always lived in s.c.---just was bugging me that i was drawing a blank on the question that i asked and thought i might could just get a quick simple reply,but i quess i will need to watch how i word things if i ask anything else ----am now wondering what this website is supposed to be for,maybe run up several post and then become a "professional" internet hvac tech--lol
    thats the rules fella
    I dont think mr hp was trying to bust your balls,just cant trust anyone asking these questions with a small post count
    stick around and develop some thicker skin,theres alot of excellent info in the pro forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast