Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Proposition 8 vs. the Gay Gestapo

California's Prop 8 is now the largest contested proposition in history, collecting money from several states and over 20 foreign nations.

it turns out the whole was sparked after a Massachusetts judge ruled along the lines of The European Human Rights Court.

the ruling says that parents have no right to be notified when gayness is being taught to their elementary school children, and have no right to remove their children from class.

A collection of 'gay' organizations has filed a friend-of-the-court brief in a Massachusetts lawsuit, claiming they have every right to teach their doctrine to grade-school students.

Parental rights, according to the brief filed this week, "have never meant that a parent can demand prior notice and the right to opt a child out of mere exposure to ideas in the public schools that a parent disapproves of."

That includes, according to the brief, religious or any other ideas.

The new brief was filed in a Massachusetts District Court lawsuit by Lexington parent David Parker, whose civil rights case is pending, by the Human Rights Campaign, the ACLU, Massachusetts Teachers Association, Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders and others.

"The amici organizations urge this court to grant the school defendants' motion to dismiss because the scope of the rights of religious freedom and parental control over the upbringing of children, as asserted by the plaintiffs, would undermine teaching and learning in the Lexington public schools," the brief alleges.

"Why are all these groups – especially the national groups – so interested in a parent's right to decide what moral issues are taught to his children by adults in elementary schools, especially regarding homosexuality," asked Brian Camenker, president of MassResistance.

That group said it is a "pro-family action center for Massachusetts" which equips citizens to fight attacks on freedoms, constitutional government, children and parental rights.

"This is outrageous and very frightening. They must see David Parker's case as quite a threat to their ability to push their message on children," he said.

He said the "true agenda" of the sponsors of the brief is apparent in the demands that the state has a legal obligation to teach homosexual issues to young children in the public schools – and parents do not even have the right to remove their kids or be notified.

Parker was arrested and jailed in Lexington in April 2005 over his request – and the school's refusal – to notify him when adults discuss homosexuality or transgenderism with his 6-year-old kindergartner. That despite a state law requiring such notification.

The incident made news around the nation and even Gov. Mitt Romney agreed with Parker.

However, in April 2006 the same school presented the book "King and King," about homosexual romances and marriage, to second-graders and again refused to provide notification.

Parker and other parents followed with the federal civil rights lawsuit, alleging school officials and the town were refusing to follow state law.

Just days later, David Parker's now-first-grade son, Jacob, was beaten up at Estabrook Elementary in Lexington, officials said. MassResistance said a group of 8-10 kids surrounded him and took him out of sight of "patrolling aides," then pummeled and beat him.

Joining David and Tonia Parker in the lawsuit were Joseph and Robin Wirthlin. They allege district officials and staff at Estabrook Elementary School in Lexington violated state law and civil rights by indoctrinating their children about an immoral lifestyle, circumventing parental responsibilities.

The school is claiming a state law permitting parents to pull their children applies only to classes in which such sensitive topics are the main focus, and the books promoting homosexuality were not the main focus.

In Massachusetts, the 'gay' groups said: "If a parent chooses to have his or her child attend the public schools, that child has a right to a broad and high quality public education, not one constrained by individual parental beliefs."

David Parker's son brought home the book 'Who's in a Family?' in school's 'Diversity Book Bag' (Image: Article 8 Alliance)
    The Massachusetts arguments were remarkably similar to a recent European court's conclusion.

The European Human Rights Court just a few weeks ago concluded in a case involving similar objections that parents do not have an "exclusive" right to lead their children's education and any parental "wish" to have their children grow up without adverse influences "could not take priority over compulsory school attendance."

That court said a German family had no right to provide homeschooling for their children.

In the case that originated in Germany, homeschooling parents Fritz and Marianna Konrad argued for that right because they said Germany's compulsory school attendance endangered their children's religious upbringing and promotes teaching inconsistent with the family's Christian faith.

But the court conclude, "The parents' right to education did not go as far as to deprive their children of that experience."

"The (German) Federal Constitutional Court stressed the general interest of society to avoid the emergence of parallel societies based on separate philosophical convictions and the importance of integrating minorities into society," the European ruling said.

King and King school book
    http://www.massresistance.org/docs/i...king/book.html

Marriage has always been restricted

Numerous laws exist that restrict the ability of certain people to enter into a marriage contract. First, marriage is only allowed between adults, not minors. Second, marriage is only allowed between two individuals. Multiple partner marriages (polygamy and polyandry) are not legal. Third, marriage is not allowed between closely related individuals (brothers, sisters, and first cousins). If marriage is declared a fundamental right of all individuals, then all restrictions to marriage would be declared unconstitutional, opening the doors to polygamy, polyandry, incest, and child marriage.

Yes on Prop 8
    http://www.godandscience.org/doctrin...on_prop_8.html

Massachusetts lawsuit
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52311

Do you think the people of Mass, and Ca actually care if their kids are brainwashed by the Gay Predators?

There is so much hatred and such a spin on this article and in the thread id love to see the actual truth of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherNJ View Post
    There is so much hatred and such a spin on this article and in the thread id love to see the actual truth of the story.
    You just heard it but refused to accept it.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherNJ View Post
    You are obviously not informed on any subject!

Heck with it. Let everone marry and let God sort it out. Why does anyone figuree it's their job to tell someone else how to live. If someone wants to soak corks let them tuck socks.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. John Adams

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by rango View Post
    Heck with it. Let everone marry and let God sort it out. Why does anyone figuree it's their job to tell someone else how to live. If someone wants to soak corks let them tuck socks.
    Well, now, lemme see. Everybody tells everybody else it's wrong to kill. Why? 'Cause God says it is.

Everybody tells everybody else it's wrong to steal. Why? 'Cause God says it is.

Everybody tells everybody else it's wrong to lie. Why? 'Cause God says it is.

Everybody tells everybody else it's wrong to have sex with someone of the same sex. Why? (I'll bet you can guess this one.)

And frankly, I don't care if they DO soak corks, tuck socks, or tuck corks. If they'd just keep it to themselves, there'd be a whole lot less trouble on the issue.
    Last edited by bootlen; 10-28-2008 at 09:46 PM.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

take a look at the collection of left wing wackos that support "no on 8"

The League of Women's Voters
    the 8 major California newspapers
    The teacher's union.

maybe if they'd spend some time producing some highschool graduates, people would care what they support.

The "yes on 8" group is heavily subsidized by religious groups. Their main line ads say that if it is passed the schools will be teaching gay marriage to school children.

The California Superintendent of Public Instruction has stated several times that the schools aren't required to teach anything about marriage.

I find it ironic that these religious groups are committing a sin by lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    The "yes on 8" group is heavily subsidized by religious groups. Their main line ads say that if it is passed the schools will be teaching gay marriage to school children.

The California Superintendent of Public Instruction has stated several times that the schools aren't required to teach anything about marriage.

I find it ironic that these religious groups are committing a sin by lying.
    They're not lying. It will soon follow. If you don't believe that, you're naive.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

The facts show they are lying. To think it will be taught in the schools is delusional.

If my kid brought home "King and King" from school I'd have a problem with that.

If my kid brought home "All my Brothers have different Daddy's", "Little Johnnies special time with old Mr. Smith", "My time with the sheep", or "My three wives" I'd have problems with that too. Along with anything I deemed too graphical in nature for my young child to see and read.

These educators think they have more rights to the children then the parents do. If that is the way they want it then they can clothe, feed and take care of them when they are sick along with the occasional vacation. Since they don't do those things I fully would expect them to not slink around my back and promote their idealogy on my child.
    Last edited by sysint; 10-29-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Do you meet regularly with your kid's teachers? Do you tell them what they can and cannot teach your kids? If you have concerns then you should, and until you do you won't know what your kids are being taught.

Most local school districts control a lot of what they teach. That which they control is subject to the parents approval. Whenever a teacher (individually or by policy) steps over that line the parents can (and do) fix it very quickly. Even so, if you have morals that are important to you it's your responsibility to instil them into your children.

Contrary to the FUD the anti-gay caucus spreads, there is no "left-wing gay conspiracy" to force pro-gay teaching onto America's youth.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast