pilot issue with Cozy space heater

Inlaws basement space heater got the best of me.... I have a floor cozy heater with a Robert Shaw gas valve model 7000ASTR-4 with standing pilot with a push button spark pilot starter. Anyhow replaced the gas valve 2 years ago and new t couple last year, pulled and cleaned oriface and pilot.

I manually light pilot with lighter hold it for 10 minutes to keep the pilot on. Adjust the pilot flame to high to keep a good flame on the couple. After a day or sometimes a week the pilot goes out? Check for down drafts and drafts in general nothing? Gas pressure is ok, I dont believe the t couple is bad after a year again, it tested ok. The unit has a spill switch with manual reset on the flue baffle in series with the t couple circuit. Every time i relight I test the circuit its OK. basement heater and its a PITA right now and its my inlaws units...
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"

Kinda sounds like a venting issue. You should get a parts breakdown and an installation manual and see if the venting was installed correctly. I did one not to long ago, and the installer didnt install a baffle in the termination....or something lika that.
    It made the pilot go out all the time.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Venting is sized ok, only about 8' total run into chimney in older clay chimney. If venting was an issue wouldn't the back draft safety trip causing the manual reset to trip? or are you talking about excessive draft too much? Never seen this with gravity vent system only down draft issues.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Kinda sounds like a venting issue. You should get a parts breakdown and an installation manual and see if the venting was installed correctly. I did one not to long ago, and the installer didnt install a baffle in the termination....or something lika that.
    It made the pilot go out all the time.
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"