Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    why would you go that route? not always true. easiest way to tell is turn heat up all the way and go pull disconnect on outdoor unit. if you got warm air coming out then you have heat strips....looking at meter? what if water heater or anything else in house happened to turn on?

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Been thats not always true. His model ARUF030-00A-1A indicates no strip,But you can order with factory strip and it would have a model number like ARUF030-05A-1A. The 05 would indicate 5 KW of factory strip.
    No you can't. The ARUF air handlers do not come with factory installed electric heaters the way the older A series did. It is a field only installed feature.

Actually, let me clarify; this feature is available for very large quantity orders of air handlers for specific large complexes where the heaters can be installed at the factory for special job quote applications.
    Last edited by RoBoTeq; 10-26-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Paymemore View Post
    why would you go that route? not always true. easiest way to tell is turn heat up all the way and go pull disconnect on outdoor unit. if you got warm air coming out then you have heat strips....looking at meter? what if water heater or anything else in house happened to turn on?
    You think that going outside and pulling a disconnect is easier then setting the thermostat to EMERG. HT? Well, ok; whatever rows you boat.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You think that going outside and pulling a disconnect is easier then setting the thermostat to EMERG. HT? Well, ok; whatever rows you boat.
    People try to make things so complicated, don't they Robo?

Tell the wife to turn the emer. heat on not the hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by mike robinson View Post
    Tell the wife to turn the emer. heat on not the hot water.
    You've got us all beat. You're the man. You've got enough posts. Apply for pro membership. You'll be able to help ALOT of people on here!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    People try to make things so complicated, don't they Robo?
    Well, I know that I am not one to make things complicated. I have heard many people refer to me as being "simple"

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, I know that I am not one to make things complicated. I have heard many people refer to me as being "simple"
    You simple?? Mike Robinson has simple figured out. Look at the meter and don't turn on the hot water! 4500 watts vs. 10'000. Now that's simple!

You simple?? Mike Robinson has simple figured out. Look at the meter and don't turn on the hot water! 4500 watts vs. 10'000. Now that's simple!
    They may have been referring to my mental capacity

They may have been referring to my mental capacity

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Been thats not always true. His model ARUF030-00A-1A indicates no strip,But you can order with factory strip and it would have a model number like ARUF030-05A-1A. The 05 would indicate 5 KW of factory strip.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Easier then bouncing back and forth making sure its on, and assuming the wheels spinning for you. seems to me best solution is always the sure fire way. then assuming what it is you did is causing it to spin faster. short cuts can get you in trouble pretty quick in my experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Paymemore View Post
    Easier then bouncing back and forth making sure its on, and assuming the wheels spinning for you. seems to me best solution is always the sure fire way. then assuming what it is you did is causing it to spin faster. short cuts can get you in trouble pretty quick in my experience....
    Sorry. I was referring to the poster who said to set the t-stat on emergency heat and turn the temp up. That would lock out the heat pump and turn on the electric heaters. All done from the comfort of the thermostat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast