Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I love sandwiches made with flour tortillies.

Thing is, thats just as bad as bread unless other then using small shells and only one really stuffed with fillings.

Small soft shell is 110 - 90 calories large ones 300 calories.

They make whole grain shells ....... tried them YUK

I like tuna , lettace, sweet pickles & juice, celery seeds, and tablespoon of light miracle whip in a soft shell ......... like a taco. Try it without miracle if possible.

Wow! I had no idea they had so many calories

Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    I love sandwiches made with flour tortillies.

Thing is, thats just as bad as bread unless other then using small shells and only one really stuffed with fillings.

Small soft shell is 110 - 90 calories large ones 300 calories.

They make whole grain shells ....... tried them YUK

I like tuna , lettace, sweet pickles & juice, celery seeds, and tablespoon of light miracle whip in a soft shell ......... like a taco. Try it without miracle if possible.
    Old, Bald and Cranky

Throw a zip lock bag with a couple large dill pickles in.

Low calories and great as a snak.

Make sure you get a brand thats crisp ........ if they aren't, you wont enjoy them.

Always room for pears, apples , grapes, water mellon, grapefruit, and vegetables.

I even have a small bowl I keep in the truck with a few bags of apple cinnamon oatmeal .......... if I,m where there is a microwave , its kinda handy sometimes especially if its cold out. Try the berries and cream instant oatmeals sometimes ...... its pretty good.

Its not only for breakfast .......... but I bet I eat it at least 5 times a week for breakfast , cheap , fast, and good

I buy oatmeal when its on sale .......... cases of it
    Last edited by dec; 10-27-2008 at 09:03 PM.

im gonna buy me one of those coolers and put it in the middle section of the front side between driver and passenger seat. i like the tortilla idea loaded with veggies, now that i work in the markets there should not be an excuse to not eat healthy since you can buy every thing right there and then. Before when i worked in restaurants i quite often did not have the opportunity to go to a market and bought what ever the restaurants had, now there is no excuse. thanks for the info.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

Quote Originally Posted by jdaug1 View Post
    Wow! I had no idea they had so many calories
    That might seem like alot but it what you put in the tortilla that runs it up.

When you are working you need some calories. I did a calulation on a website and put my self into it. Based on me weighting 200 lbs and being 6-1 and 64 yo---I should have 2748 calories a day. So if you can keep lunch to 800-900 calories then it is good. Check it out:
    http://www.revolutionhealth.com/calc...se/?msc=A62819

I know a guy that packs a salad with chunks of cheese and hard salami or maybe tuna. I tried it for a change and liked it.
    Another guy always packed a hot pepper to put his sandwich in gear.
    I considered stowing away a microwave on a job site I seemed to be around a lot. A hot sandwich seems to taste better.
    Tracers work both ways.

Ive been munchin on black forest, genoa salami, mozza slice, mustard (or dressing of your choice) on nice fresh italian bread latelty. very tasty dont need alot of meat either. bascally an assorted sub without the other meat. cappicola I think they usually put on it. the bread can make the diffewrence.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    I'm with Corny, make soup for a change. I for one like white chili ( made with turkey or chicken and navy beans) Not only does it fill you up but is better than the same old sandwich. Crackers made of whole wheat and fruit as well. Take care of yourself for Life Is To Short ..

I agree with "The Chick".

Soup or chilli or salad for a change of pace (this is from someone who eats sandwiches every day for lunch, and loves 'em).

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    the bread can make the difference.
    Most people do not understand that good bread (or a good Italian roll) makes the sandwich a lot better.

Hey refer like the Iron Maiden avatar try listening to the live after death album between calls you will be so wound up and moving so fast you could eat anything you want and loose weight.As for me I'm a Slayer guy but still have the blood pressure thing,maybe I should switch to elevator music and salad.

Do like one of the techs I work with and smoke cigarettes for lunch. He’s already had a mini stroke.

A good salad (dressing seperate) is not too hard to pack. Add some lean turkey or grilled tuna.

On a sandwich add guacamole instead of mayo.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Bud-Light in a plastic bag, with a few ice cubes

"or" maybe the soup thing? I used to throw a can up on the dash in the morning and by the time I was hungry, it was all heated up and yummy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast