Comfortmaker gas no start condition

Post Comfortmaker gas no start condition

Help, I have a comfortmaker natural gas fired furnace that just keeps cycling. It does light but then cuts off and cycles again and again. I suppect the problem is the flame sensor but I cant find it. The book shows the location of it next to the ignitor and pilot but there is nothing there but the ignitor, and the controller box isn't even labeled for a sensor wire. The controller does say it is a continuious retry model, does that mean it doesn't have a sensor? The furnace model is a ntg3075hfa5, and the controller is a honeywell s8600m.

Sorry...this is not a DIY site. You are messing with a gas appliance and could blow yourself up if you don't know what you are doing. Furnaces are not do it yourself kinda jobs....call a professional and have your furnace serviced properly. A good service contract with a reliable company can do wonders for the life of your system....good luck
    I need a new signature.....

Take the advice below trust me you will be glad you did. I went on a call today wasn't comfortmaker but a armstrong air guy has had problems last year with his furnace but seemed to be doing okay so far this year which season is just beginning. Well needless to say I found multiple cracks in his heat exchanger which could cause death or fire. Have your furnace checked properly with the heat exchanger being inspected carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by nailere7 View Post
    Help, I have a comfortmaker natural gas fired furnace that just keeps cycling. It does light but then cuts off and cycles again and again. I suppect the problem is the flame sensor but I cant find it. The book shows the location of it next to the ignitor and pilot but there is nothing there but the ignitor, and the controller box isn't even labeled for a sensor wire.

quit playing with yours and your families lives

did you read the part of the book that states;

ONLY QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS ARE TO PERFORM REPAIRS ON THIS SYSTEM