York ISN setup guide

Confused York ISN setup guide

Does anyone have a copy of a guide for setting up a York ISN controller? The unit was powered down for sometime and lost its config. Now powered up I have managed to configure the RS232 port and can communicate with the ISN via a terminal but so far unable to communicate with the two connected chillers and setting up the I/O cards is not exactly intuative, without a guide it's like trying run through treacle Any help or guidance would be gratefully received. The model is EDC 36.

Thanks.

You need YES or ICE and programm file for it

ISN set up

As you have discovered you can set up and communicate to theese devices using vt100 , they are set up in the feature ., section., page format depending on the type of chiller you have set up in feature 54section 1 page one. I will look for the set up manual . ICE and YES are commissioning tools and make it easier too navigate the program or load a program depending on how much you plan to do with the controller,you can try polar soft for either of the tools , if the edc has a keypad feature 45 is where you can config the I/O card its pretty straight forward.

is there a front end and is FM running if so there is an icon looks like a safe you can usually restore the program from there. if not than the set up guide is essetial

If you have never worked on this type of system , I would be very careful what you do , and how you do it a EDC-36 is not a canned program and I would not load anything from facility manager there are problems with it.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Thanks for the help. I managed to setup the coms ports and have now got hold the manuals. Both the chillers are now reporting via the ISN (monitor mode) which I plan to use as an interface only and pass values to our BMS using the I/O boards. We have connected an ethernet server to the ISN RS232 port so can access the ISN from any network PC, no more standing around in plant rooms with a laptop. We are also developing some HTML pages to load into the server as a graphical read only front end to the ISN to view chiller stats etc so some good progress in the last week.

great news re:isn

thats great news to hear about the york device I'am sure the engunears that developed theese devices never intended too make them so difficult that know one could service ( recucitate) them!

ISN config files

Does anyone have a generic ISN configuration file that can then be used to customize for specific applications?

I don't see a email address in your profile.

email added to profile.