+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difference between carrier/bryant

Post Likes

Difference between carrier/bryant

I've put in a lot of different brands throughout my years but I have a question about some equipment. I know that ICP makes carrier, Bryant, payne, Heil, and arcoaire but what's the differences? I mean from an install stand point all that's different is the cabinet color. I put in mainly Bryant at this point and sometimes Payne. Is anything truly different other than price? Maybe warranty? Thanks.

Post Likes
    ICP does not make the following brands you mentioned, United Technologies Corporation bought out ICP years ago , UTC also owns Pratt & Whitney Aircraft engines , Otis Elevators, Integrated Logic an HVAC control company, Goodrich ( not to be confused with B F Goodrich tires ) Chubbs, Kiddle, Hamilton Sundstand and several other global leading Companies. They have three Research Facilities that I'm aware of, one in Connecticut, one in Ireland and the third in China. They recently sold their helicopter division Sikorsky to Lockheed Martin and they sold most of their Fuel Cell division.

The only real difference would be the amount of features such as the compressor tier level, or the compressor brand or the amount of components or sound level of the outdoor unit. Some brand models may have no pressure switches or only one safety switch vs both pressure switches, some models may have a full wrap around louvered protection covering the outdoor coil while other brand models tier may have exposed outdoor coil. Some brands models may have a quieter outdoor motors and feature ball bearings motor vs sleeve bearings as an example. Manufacture warranty may be different. As you know like any other HVAC manufacture UTC HVAC division makes very little of their own products.

The top brands of UTC are more heavy advertised also, and for the most part the advertisement cost are passed along to the customers.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 12-05-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Post Likes
    Thank you very much. I'm behind. I wasn't aware United technologies bought out ICP. Very helpful information you have.

Post Likes
    Before UTC bought ICP, they were owned by SnyderGeneral, which used to be part of McQuay, which is now owned by Diaken. It's a big jumbled mess that will make your head hurt. Here's some reading material to help you get caught up... http://www.johnmills.net/work/history.html

5. Likes Tech2104 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Seems like the Paynes use a thinner metal as well, but I've never taken calipers to units to verify. The screws are shorter, factory holes strip out easier. They rattle more and the ACs have a very distinct, pulsing, harmonic noise to them. I have a cheap 2011 Payne outside and in. It performs quite well but is a bit noisy and hasn't kept up it's appearance that well.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

7. Likes Tech2104 liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in