+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GeoThermal Heat Pumps

Post Likes

GeoThermal Heat Pumps

Hello,

We are looking into 5 Geothermal heat pumps. Do most commerial units come with controls and are they BACnet or Lon.

Thanks

Post Likes
    I've done a couple different geothermal heatpump projects, and in each case, they all had low voltage controls (thermostat terminals), to which we applied our own DDC controllers.

Post Likes
    I am commissioning a job next week with 29 heat pumps, they are not geothermal, and I have control of a cooling tower and boiler. Anyway I am using the Viconics HP stat. (Lon)

Post Likes
    probably will be brand specific the big manufacturers like trane or carrier will give you the option of factory mounted controls which will probably be a lon controller or a 24v interface to use somebody elses controls or just a themostat.

Post Likes
    We have a couple of projects with Geothermal heat pumps, the PA Historical Commission loves these things. They have worked well in some cases and marginally in others, it all depends on well locations. They actually had problems with the wells warming in one case. The units came as previously mentioned, just 24V controls and you retrofit whatever you want. We have ALC on one job and JCI interfaced to ALC thru Modbus in the other.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in